Consider the possibilities | AspenTimes.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Consider the possibilities

Nate Peterson

“So you’re telling me there’s a chance! “- Jim Carrey as Lloyd Christmas in “Dumb and Dumber”According to the website for the National Weather Service, there is a possibility of snow falling Friday night and continuing through Tuesday.That doesn’t mean it’s actually going to happen. It just means there is a chance.And, as Lloyd knows, when there’s a chance, there’s reason to hope. As of Wednesday night, the weather service was reporting a 20 percent possibility of snow for Friday night, Saturday and Saturday night.Starting Sunday and continuing through Tuesday, the weather service’s extended forecast doesn’t list percentages, just a vague “chance of snow.”Is that 50 percent? Five? Two?Considering all the early season snow we’ve had so far this season, I’ll put money on the prospect that some more of the white stuff is on the way. Hopefully a lot more.A 20 percent chance of snow means there is an 80 percent chance that it won’t snow. But who wants to think about the latter number?Anything above zero is justification for getting amped about the possibility of fresh tracks.Just remember: Blame the weather service – not On the Hill – if we end up getting nothing.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User


News