Carbon monoxide killed 2 in Olathe | AspenTimes.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Carbon monoxide killed 2 in Olathe

The Associated Press
Aspen, CO Colorado

OLATHE, Colo. ” The Montrose County coroner says initial toxicology tests show that a 17-month-old boy and his grandfather died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning at a home in Olathe.

Dr. Thomas Canfield released the results Monday in the weekend deaths of Truett Simoens and his 72-year-old grandfather, Julian Beamer.

The two were found dead on Saturday in a home that was being heated with propane gas. The boy’s parents went to the home after being unable to reach the Beamers by phone.

Authorities say the home did not have a carbon monoxide detector.

Beamer’s wife was found unconscious and was taken to a Colorado Springs hospital.

Her condition is unknown.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User