Mountain athlete opens valley training center
Ripple Effect, an athlete training center located on Main Street in Carbondale, has opened its doors.
Carolyn Parker, Ripple Effect’s founder, relocated her business from Albuquerque, New Mexico. She is a Gym Jones-certified trainer, professional climber, mountain-bike racer, skier and sponsored athlete with a 25-year resume of sculpting athletes into more powerful competitors, the center said in a statement.
Parker and her trainers at Ripple Effect, all of whom are professional mountain athletes, focus on outcome-based, sport-specific training for committed individuals, the statement said.
“If your main goal is to fit into your skinny jeans, this is not the place for you. If you want to crush the Grand Traverse, take 20 minutes off your marathon time, climb two grades harder or reprogram your life after an injury or illness, we will make it happen,” the company said.
Ripple Effect is now accepting motivated athletes for private training sessions, small-group workouts and individualized programming.
An open house will be held at the facility, located at 580 Main St., Suite 110, on Friday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Interior-design company wins five design awards
Anne Grice Interiors announced that it recently won five awards in the following categories in three different regional design competitions:
• First place, category of Large Kitchen, National Kitchen and Bath’s 2014 Peak Awards.
• First place, category of Custom Designed Element, American Society of Interior Designers’ 2014 Crystal Awards.
• First place, category of Bathroom Remodel, 2014 Colorado Association of Remodeling Excellence Awards.
• Second place, category of Small to Medium Bathroom, National Kitchen and Bath’s 2014 Peak Awards.
• Third place, category of Small to Medium Kitchen, National Kitchen and Bath’s 2014 Peak Awards.
More information about the winning projects and also about the firm and its designers is available at http://www.anne grice.com.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.