Buses carry bikes to Carbondale again
Aspen, CO Colorado
CARBONDALE ” Roaring Fork Transportation Authority buses can once again carry bicycles in and out of Carbondale.
RFTA buses had, since April, been unable to transport bicycles over the Highway 133 bridge in and out of Carbondale because of an ongoing bridge construction project.
Traffic is now using the newly constructed bridge, allowing for reconstruction of the deck on the old bridge. The new span is wide enough to accommodate bikes on the exterior bike racks on buses.
Reminders about bikes on buses:
– There’s a four-bike limit on the bike racks; it’s first-come, first-served for use of the racks.
– RFTA buses won’t carry bicycles on the exterior racks after 7:30 p.m. daily because bikes inhibit the visibility of bus headlights.
– There’s a $2 fee to carry a bike per ride, in addition to the regular fare, payable by cash or punch pass only.
– Bicycles can be loaded only from 6 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. through Labor Day; from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. from Labor Day through the first Saturday in October; and from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. from the first Sunday in October through mid-November.
– Bikes can only be loaded and unloaded at the following stops: Rifle Metro Park; Silt Town Hall; in New Castle at Sixth and Main; Glenwood park-and-ride lot; in Glenwood at Seventh Street; Glenwood Wal-Mart; Colorado Mountain College stop on Highway 82; Carbondale Park; El Jebel park-and-ride lot; Basalt park-and-ride lot; Lazy Glen; Old Snowmass; Aspen Village; Brush Creek intercept lot; Snowmass Village Mall; Aspen Business Center; Maroon Creek roundabout and Rubey Park in downtown Aspen.
For more information on bikes on buses, the new Bike Express bus, RFTA routes and schedules, contact Rubey Park at 925-8484.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Trailing to Aspen early in Sunday’s championship, the American Raptors came back to lead 24-15 at halftime and held a two score lead well into the second half before the Gents took over the match. This was the Gents’ 22nd championship at Ruggerfest, a tournament that dates to 1968.