Burglary suspect expected to surrender
Authorities said yesterday they expect Anthony Rizzuto, 19, a suspect in the Sept. 20 burglary of a Twining Flats Road residence, to surrender in the near future.
Rizzuto and Moses Greengrass, 19, who is wanted for his alleged involvement in the Aug. 5 armed robbery of Clark’s Market as well as the Twining Flats burglary, are believed to have fled to British Columbia, Canada, according to authorities.
Neither man had been arrested locally as of early yesterday evening.
With five local individuals already under arrest in connection with one or both crimes, authorities continue to investigate other robberies and burglaries that have occurred this year. Police have, however, steadfastly maintained that no solid connections have been made to link any of the suspects in the Twining Flats burglary or the Clark’s Market armed robbery to any of the other crimes.
Yuri Ognacevic, 18; Jacob Richards, 18; Greengrass; Cody Wille, 17; and Stephan Schutter, also a juvenile, were allegedly involved in the Clark’s robbery, according to police reports.
Ognacevic and Richards are being held in the Pitkin County Jail, while Schutter is in custody at a Department of Youth Corrections facility in Mesa County, serving a sentence for an unrelated, unspecified crime, according to Assistant District Attorney Lawson Wills. Wille posted a $50,000 bond and was released from jail Tuesday, according to jail officials.
Nathan Morse, 18, was allegedly involved in the Twining Flats burglary and an unrelated motor vehicle theft, according to police reports. Authorities allege Richards also participated in the Twining Flats burglary.
Morse is being held in the Eagle County Jail and was advised of his rights in reference to the burglary and auto theft in Eagle, his attorney, Arnold P. Mordkin, said Thursday.
All the suspects who have been arrested will make their first appearance in Pitkin County’s 9th Judicial District Court on Oct. 18, before Judge J.E. DeVilbiss.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
In April, the W Aspen Townie Food Truck (formerly called the Bitsy Trailer) made its debut as a curbside addition to the hotel set up to feed first responders and locals during the hotel’s “Safer at Home” pause.