Basalt narrows search for manager to six ﬁnalists
The Aspen Times
Aspen, CO, Colorado
BASALT – The town of Basalt announced this week that it has narrowed the list of finalists for its town manager position down to six from about 90 who applied.
The town conducted a nationwide search to find a successor to Bill Kane, who returned Aug. 24 after more than three years on the job. The town is using The Morrison Group LLC, an executive search firm from Silverthorne, to coordinate the process. The applicants were screened by reviewing resumes and conducting telephone interviews.
The six finalists will be interviewed in Basalt Sept. 23 and 24 by Town Council members and by a panel comprising town residents and other town managers. The town aims to have a new manager in place by December, according to Mayor Jacque Whitsitt.
The six finalists are:
• Ronald Foggin, former assistant city manager and finance director in Lehi, Utah, and former manager of a movie theater complex in Orem, Utah.
• Jacqueline Halburnt, assistant city manager of Federal Heights. She formerly served as town administrator in Estes Park and assistant town manager in Avon.
• Ryan Mahoney, town manager of Dolores. He is the former town planner and town administrator of Buena Vista.
• Mike Scanlon, city administrator of Mission, Kan. He is the former chief financial officer for the city of Merriam, Kan., and former senior budget analyst for Kansas City, Mo.
• David Varley, former city manager in Grand Junction and former town manager in both Orchard City and Silverthorne.
• Thomas Yennerell, town manager of Mancos. He is the former town manager of West Rutland, Vt.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.