Basalt home damaged by fire Sunday | AspenTimes.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Basalt home damaged by fire Sunday

A Sunday afternoon fire caused “moderate structural damage” to a residence on Emma Road in Basalt, according to the Basalt & Rural Fire Protection District.

The fire, said to have been caused by an occupant running a skill saw underneath the structure, also caused minimal smoke damage, the district said.

“A spark caught sawdust on fire and the homeowner was unable to extinguish the fire with a garden hose,” a statement said.



Firefighters were dispatched to the scene at 2:58 p.m. They arrived within six minutes, the district said.

Six vehicles and 14 firefighters were used to battle the blaze, according to the district. No injuries were reported.



Carbondale & Rural Fire Protection District and Aspen Fire Protection District assisted, the Basalt district said.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User