Basalt fire calls Sept. 24-Oct. 6
The Aspen Times
Aspen, CO, Colorado
BASALT – The following are the fire and medical calls the Basalt Fire Department responded to from Sept. 24 through Saturday:
Sept. 24 at 10:08 a.m.: Dispatched to an incident but canceled en route.
Sept. 24 at 5:24 p.m.: Responded to Southside Drive for a traumatic injury. The patient was transported to the hospital.
Sept. 25 at 10:54 a.m.: Responded to Elk Lane for a person feeling dizzy. The patient was transported to the hospital.
Sept. 26 at 5:36 p.m.: Responded to Midland Avenue for a person under the influence. The patient was transported to the hospital.
Sept. 26 at 10:33 p.m.: Responded to Willits Lane for a citizen assist.
Sept. 29 at 6:05 p.m.: Dispatched to the area of Pinion Drive for a smoke report. No hazards were found.
Sept. 29 at 9:34 p.m.: Responded to 22000 Highway 82 for a non-injury car-versus-deer accident. Hazards were mitigated.
Oct. 1 at 4:10 p.m.: Responded to Black Bear Trail for an unknown medical problem. The person was evaluated and released.
Oct. 1 at 4:46 p.m.: Responded to El Jebel Road and Highway 82 for a two-car accident. One patient was transported to the hospital.
Oct. 2 at 6:24 p.m.: Responded to River Oaks for a smoke report. An outside grill was the cause.
Oct. 3 at 10:11 a.m.: Responded to Hooks Spur for an unknown medical problem. One patient was transported to the hospital.
Oct. 3 at 11:22 a.m.: Responded to Willits Lane for a citizen assist.
Oct. 3 at 12:28 p.m.: Responded to Village Court for a carbon monoxide alarm. No hazards were found.
Oct. 3 at 9:31 p.m.: Responded to Rabbit Way for a smoke report. No hazards were found.
Oct. 3 at 10:48 p.m.: Responded to Light Hill Road for a smoke report. No hazards were found.
Thursday at 10:46 a.m.: Responded to Grange Lane for a small wildland fire caused by burning brush. The fire was extinguished.
Thursday at 11:44 a.m.: Responded to approximately mile marker 8 on Frying Pan Road for a wildland fire. The fire was caused by a downed power line and burned about one-half acre. Power-company crews used a backhoe and fire extinguishers to contain the fire partially until Basalt fire crews arrived and extinguished the fire.
Thursday at 3:54 p.m.: Responded to the Thomasville area for a vehicle fire. A tire was burning, and crews extinguished the flames.
Thursday at 10 p.m.: Responded to School Street for a fire alarm. No hazards were found.
Saturday at 7 a.m.: Responded to Midland Avenue for a report of smoke inside a building. A faulty heating system was the cause.
Saturday at 9:55 a.m.: Responded to East Cody Lane for a medical problem. One patient was transported to the hospital.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Colorado Gov. Jared Polis has tested positive for the coronavirus. Polis and his partner, Marlon Reis, both have COVID-19 and are asymptomatic, the governor said in a statement Saturday night.