Basalt fire and medical calls
Editor’s note: The following are the fire and medical calls that the Basalt Fire Department responded to between Oct. 8 and Tuesday.
Oct. 8 at 4:58 p.m. — Responded to a medical call at the El Jebel Mobile Home Park for a male who was transported to Valley View Hospital for treatment.
Oct. 9 at 12:08 p.m. — Responded to a medical call for a medical emergency at the Southside subdivision. The patient was taken to Valley View Hospital for further evaluation.
Oct. 9 at 4:25 p.m. — Responded to a medical call on Valley Road for a person who was taken to Valley View Hospital for evaluation.
Oct. 10 at 6:13 a.m. — Assisted the Carbondale Fire Protection District at a medical call in the King’s Row subdivision.
Oct. 10 at 5:25 p.m. — Responded to a medical call at the After Hours Urgent Care Clinic in Basalt for a patient with a traumatic injury. The patient was taken to Valley View Hospital for treatment.
Oct. 10 at 10:40 p.m. — Responded to a call for a possible problem with an electrical transformer at mile marker 24 on Highway 82. No hazards were found, and the problem was referred to Holy Cross Energy.
Oct. 11 at 7:01 a.m. — Responded to a report of smoke in a structure in the Elk Run subdivision. Investigation revealed dust in the air from a malfunctioning HVAC unit.
Oct. 11 at 8:08 a.m. — Responded to a smell of gas in a building. The source was a leaking propane cylinder that was improperly stored.
Oct. 11 at 11:27 a.m. — Responded to a home in the Riverview Mobile Home Park for a carbon monoxide alarm. High levels of carbon monoxide were found. The occupants weren’t harmed and were advised to contact SourceGas for follow-up.
Oct. 11 at 1:06 p.m. — Responded to a medical call at Basalt High School. A female was evaluated for a problem and released.
Saturday at 11:23 p.m. — Responded to a carbon monoxide alarm in the Elk Run subdivision. The home was checked, and the issue was a faulty detector.
Sunday at 1:37 a.m. — Responded to a carbon monoxide alarm. The house was checked, and the issue was a faulty detector.
Monday at 6:17 a.m. — Responded to a medical call in Missouri Heights. A male patient was transported to Valley View Hospital for treatment.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The Pine Gulch fire, burning in remote, rough terrain north of Grand Junction, had grown to more than 39 square miles as of Monday, fire officials reported. Some residents in Garfield County have been evacuated.