Aspen Wintersköl announces competition winners
Aspen CO Colorado
ASPEN – A number of competitions were held in conjunction with last weekend’s Wintersköl festivities, put on by the Aspen Chamber Resort Association.
Soupsköl, a soup-making contest judged by members of the public, was held Friday in downtown Aspen. Claiming the top prize for creating the most delicious soup in town was Ute City. Finbarr’s Irish Pub came in second, with Basalt’s Mayberry Cafe taking third.
The Canine Fashion Show, in its 24th year, was held Saturday on the Cooper Avenue Mall. The following owners and their pooches were recognized:
• Most Adorable: Crystal Berry with Kina.
• Best Multiple: Joy West with Apollo and Bacchus.
• Funniest: Sarah Ogrin with Petey.
• Best Theme: Melissa Goldrich with Bonzai.
• Best in Snow: Kahle Toothill with Rocky.
Honorable mentions included:
• Most Adorable: Lulu Gross with Gemma.
• Best Multiple: Cheryl Simpson with Homer and Marge.
• Funniest: Renee Grossman with Lucy.
• Best Theme: Trish Aragon with Bella Judges.
The Wintersculpt competition, in which Anderson Ranch picked five teams to participate in a 48-hour snow sculpture competition, saw the following winners:
• First place: The Ralphs (“Snow Cat”).
• Second place: Team Metta (“Buddha, Seize the Summit of Your Happiness”).
• Third place: Team Wille Mammoth (“Peak Pleistocene Predator”).
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.