Aspen fire victim in good condition in Denver
An Aspen man injured in a fire Sunday was in good condition at a Denver hospital Tuesday, according to a spokesperson
Robert Cook, 76, was initially taken to Aspen Valley Hospital, then flown to the University of Colorado Hospital. He was in the UCHealth Burn Center as of Tuesday afternoon, said Jessica Berry, hospital spokeswoman.
No other information about his condition was available Tuesday.
The fire in the garage of a home near the corner of North Sixth and West Francis streets was likely started by a natural gas leak, which led to an explosion, fire officials have said. The leak began after heavy snow and ice fell from the roof onto a gas meter below.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
Aspen residents, workers up and down the valley and area businesses could benefit from the city of Aspen’s recently passed $5 million emergency relief and economic stimulus package.