Aspen cops blotter: Assorted transgressions
July 31, 2009
ASPEN – Citations of public urination, domestic violence, drinking in public, and driving under the influence kept Aspen police busy during the week of July 23-29.
Here’s a recap:
• July 24, 1:10 a.m. – Police arrested Mark Michalenko, 43, at Aspen Country Inn in response to a complaint of second-degree assault and domestic violence.
• July 25, 11:10 p.m. – Cecily Silberman, 71, was arrested on suspicion of DUI, after officer David Thompson stopped her on Highway 82 for speeding, of which she was also charged.
• July 25, 12:30 p.m. – Raymond Joseph Vieira, 18, surrendered to Aspen police on an outstanding warrant. Police said the warrant was for pills found on him during a June 24 DUI arrest.
• July 26, 12:58 p.m. – William James Sparks, 24, and Michael Shane Down, 22, were cited for drinking liquor/possession of open container in public, after officer Stew Curcio spotted them at the Aspen skatepark.
Recommended Stories For You
• July 27, 1:30 a.m. – Martin Kenneally, 24, was cited for DUI and failure to stop at a stop sign.
• July 28, 11:52 p.m. – Police cited Gregory Ernst, 25, on suspicion of DUI, driving with license denied, weaving and following too closely.
• July 28, 1:40 a.m. – Michael J. Ziemer, 20, was cited for allegedly urinating on the base of a tree located on a Mill Street sidewalk next to Wells Fargo bank.
• July 29, 2 a.m. – Christian Thomsen, 39, was arrested on suspicion of DUI and weaving.