Aspen cop blotter
October 2, 2009
ASPEN – The following Aspen police activity was recorded between Sept. 24 and Oct. 1. The arrests do not reflect an indictment or disposition in the cases.
• Sept. 25, 9:23 p.m. – Police contacted Woody Creek residents Baird Kingswell-Smith, 29, and James Brown, 26, in response to an incident at Truscott Apartments involving a banged car door and a thrown punch. Kingswell-Smith was arrested and charged with third-degree assault; Brown was arrested and charged with criminal mischief.
• Sept. 25, 11:36 p.m. – Zachery Stevens, 42, of Basalt was stopped for a traffic violation. He was later arrested for DUI, DUI per se, and failure to dim lights when required.
• Sept. 26, 2:22 a.m. – Police contacted Grant Rickard, 36, of Ridgecrest, Calif., in response to a REDDI report (report every drunk driver immediately). After investigation they placed Rickard under arrest for DUI.
• Sept. 25, 6:53 a.m. and again on Sept. 26 at 7:40 p.m. – Police officers contacted Richard Shivley, 56, of Aspen in response to a complaint of trespassing. Both times he was placed under arrest without incident.
• Sept. 27, 1:52 a.m. – Police officers contacted Paul Brandt, 47, of Katy, Texas, and James Kinsman, 49, of Golden in response to a report of an assault in the Aspen core area. Both were arrested and charged with first-degree assault.
Recommended Stories For You
• Sept. 28, 7:25 a.m. – Christian Gaxiola, 30, of Escondido, Calif., turned himself into Aspen police on an outstanding Pitkin County Court warrant. Gaxiola was escorted to Pitkin County Jail and placed under arrest for two counts of forgery and two counts of theft.
• Sept. 29, 10:52 p.m. – Officers contacted Salvador Cruz, 20, of Basalt in response to a complaint at the Belly Up of underage drinking. Cruz was arrested and issued a court summons for underage possession of alcohol.
• Sept. 29, 11:21 p.m. – Police contacted Jose Jurado Pineda, 19, of Carbondale in response to a complaint at the Belly Up of underage drinking. He was arrested and issued a court summons for underage possession of alcohol.
• Sept. 30, 2:21 a.m. – Officers contacted Vicente Diez-Sanchez, 22, of Basalt in response to his use of automobile emergency flashers. He was arrested for DUI and DUI per se.
• Sept. 30, 8:37 p.m. – Officers contacted Randy Hausinger, 47, of Aspen in response to a complaint of someone sleeping in a stairwell at the Isis Theater. He was arrested for trespassing and occupying/sleeping in unauthorized places. He was transported to the Pitkin County jail.