Aspen cop blotter
Aspen, CO Colorado
ASPEN – The following Aspen police activity was recorded between Sept. 24 and Oct. 1. The arrests do not reflect an indictment or disposition in the cases.
• Sept. 25, 9:23 p.m. – Police contacted Woody Creek residents Baird Kingswell-Smith, 29, and James Brown, 26, in response to an incident at Truscott Apartments involving a banged car door and a thrown punch. Kingswell-Smith was arrested and charged with third-degree assault; Brown was arrested and charged with criminal mischief.
• Sept. 25, 11:36 p.m. – Zachery Stevens, 42, of Basalt was stopped for a traffic violation. He was later arrested for DUI, DUI per se, and failure to dim lights when required.
• Sept. 26, 2:22 a.m. – Police contacted Grant Rickard, 36, of Ridgecrest, Calif., in response to a REDDI report (report every drunk driver immediately). After investigation they placed Rickard under arrest for DUI.
• Sept. 25, 6:53 a.m. and again on Sept. 26 at 7:40 p.m. – Police officers contacted Richard Shivley, 56, of Aspen in response to a complaint of trespassing. Both times he was placed under arrest without incident.
• Sept. 27, 1:52 a.m. – Police officers contacted Paul Brandt, 47, of Katy, Texas, and James Kinsman, 49, of Golden in response to a report of an assault in the Aspen core area. Both were arrested and charged with first-degree assault.
• Sept. 28, 7:25 a.m. – Christian Gaxiola, 30, of Escondido, Calif., turned himself into Aspen police on an outstanding Pitkin County Court warrant. Gaxiola was escorted to Pitkin County Jail and placed under arrest for two counts of forgery and two counts of theft.
• Sept. 29, 10:52 p.m. – Officers contacted Salvador Cruz, 20, of Basalt in response to a complaint at the Belly Up of underage drinking. Cruz was arrested and issued a court summons for underage possession of alcohol.
• Sept. 29, 11:21 p.m. – Police contacted Jose Jurado Pineda, 19, of Carbondale in response to a complaint at the Belly Up of underage drinking. He was arrested and issued a court summons for underage possession of alcohol.
• Sept. 30, 2:21 a.m. – Officers contacted Vicente Diez-Sanchez, 22, of Basalt in response to his use of automobile emergency flashers. He was arrested for DUI and DUI per se.
• Sept. 30, 8:37 p.m. – Officers contacted Randy Hausinger, 47, of Aspen in response to a complaint of someone sleeping in a stairwell at the Isis Theater. He was arrested for trespassing and occupying/sleeping in unauthorized places. He was transported to the Pitkin County jail.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Challenge Aspen’s CEO Jeff Hauser has stepped down from the nonprofit in order “to focus on personal pursuits.”