Aspen, Basalt college students get academic honors
February 26, 2017
The following area students were recognized by their colleges for outstanding academic performances.
• Griffin M. Stevens of Aspen was named to the Dean's List at Colby College in Waterville, Maine, for outstanding academic achievement during the fall semester of 2016-17. Stevens, a member of the Class of 2019, earned a semester grade point average of 3.75 or higher this spring to be included on Colby's highly selective Dean's List.
• Sonja Ann Gagen of Aspen, a junior majoring in environmental engineering, was named to the Dean's List for the fall 2016 semester at Clarkson University. Dean's List students must achieve a minimum 3.25 grade-point average and also carry at least 14 credit hours.
• Timothy Kaiser, a resident of Aspen and a television-radio major, was named to the Dean's List in Ithaca College's School of Communications for the fall 2016 semester.
• Cornell College in Mount Vernon, Iowa, announced that Rubi Araiza Camba of Basalt earned honors, signifying a semester grade point average of 3.6 to 3.79. Mara McLaughlin of Basalt earned highest honors, which signifies a 4.0 GPA.
• Camille Marie Lassalette of Aspen was named to the University of Alabama's Dean's List, which requires an academic record of 3.5 or above.
Recommended Stories For You
• Kalissa Stump of Basalt was selected to be a member of the Local Food Security Team at Fort Lewis College's Environmental Center. Stump's major is undeclared.