Aspen announces adjusted fall public transit schedule
City encourages residents to cycle amid seasonal changes
As of Monday through Sunday, Nov. 19, Aspen will implement its adjusted fall schedule for Aspen-area RFTA routes and public transit services. The revised timetable offers reduced hours on key bus routes and bolstered late-night taxi services, aiming to meet the needs of the Aspen community effectively.
“As we roll out our updated fall schedule, we urge the community to be aware that evening adjustments could impact riders the most,” said William Porter, City of Aspen communications director. “To ease your commute, the city is offering complimentary late-night taxi services on Fridays and Saturdays in collaboration with High Mountain Taxi. Alternatively, consider cycling as a sustainable and scenic option this fall.”
Streamlined Hours on Specific Routes:
Effective Sept. 25, several Aspen bus routes within the RFTA system will adjust to abbreviated operating hours:
- Castle/Maroon Route, Cemetery Lane Route, Hunter Creek Route, and Mountain Valley Route will operate from 7 a.m. until 12 a.m. On Sundays, these routes will be available from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m.
- The Burlingame Service will run daily from 6:35 a.m. to 12:20 a.m.
Enhanced Late-Night Taxi Service:
In collaboration with High Mountain Taxi, Aspen will offer complimentary late-night taxi services on Fridays and Saturdays for the fall season. These taxis will depart from Rubey Park at 12:30 a.m., 1 a.m., 1:30 a.m., and 2 a.m., taking passengers to any Aspen Bus Stop to make late-night commutes more convenient.
Please be aware:
- The late-night taxi service is not a door-to-door service.
- For queries regarding the late-night taxi service, dial 970-925-TAXI.
- For all-inclusive transit details, including schedules and routes, consult Driveless.net.