Downtown Aspen Arts Festival moves to Rio Grande Park this year
July 11, 2018
The annual Downtown Aspen Arts Festival set for July 21-22 will be held at Rio Grande Park.
Following 15 years on Monarch Street, the festival, a partnership of Howard Alan Events and the Aspen Chamber Resort Association, opted for a larger venue that will also alleviate downtown congestion.
An estimated 150 local and national artists will showcase their works including jewels, paintings, crafted glasswork and art deco sculptures at the festival, which is free to attend.
The festival is part of Howard Alan Events' 2018 Colorado Summer of Art tour, which includes the 3rd Annual Keystone River Run Village Art Festival from July 28-29, the 31st Annual Beaver Creek Art Festival from Aug. 4-5, and the 12th Annual Main Street to the Rockies Art Festival in Frisco from Aug. 11-12.
Trending In: Announcements
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says