Doggie Day event with a twist at Aspen Recreation Center
September 7, 2018
The annual Doggie Day at the Aspen Recreation Center is Saturday, but there is an adjustment to years past as the pool will not be available for dogs to swim in.
Because of stage 2 water restrictions, there will be no "splash" portion of the event, but there will water events in the yard outside.
The event runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and benefits the Lucky Day Animal Rescue, which is a volunteer group that places dogs with families and provides other animal services. Without the indoor pool, there will be water options outside for the dogs to splash in.
Entry is free this year and donations are accepted. There also is more than $15,000 donated in silent auction items, an "ask the vet," dog trainer, food and other events.
Dogs must be current on rabies and spayed/neutered. For more information, email luckdayrescue.org or email@example.com.
The rec center is closed starting Saturday through Sept. 23 for its annual maintenance.
Trending In: Announcements
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified