Christmas tree recycling at rodeo lot until Sunday
January 2, 2019
The town of Snowmass is encouraging residents to drop off their old Christmas trees at the town's tree recycling center for composting.
The composting dumpster will be located at the rodeo lot. Snowmass residents may drop trees off anytime until Sunday.
The town asks residents to ensure their tree is clear of all lights, ornaments, tinsel and other products that cannot be composted. Dumping these types of items into the container will contaminate the collection, according to the town.
All of the Christmas trees will then be composted at the Pitkin County Landfill. The compost will ultimately be available for the community to purchase and use.
More information on the composting process can be found at http://www.landfullrules.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7