A year of tweets, Aspen style
Each week, we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets about Aspen and publish them Sunday. Here are our favorite tweets of 2014, Aspen style, of course.
• “Lance Armstrong just got on a flight to Aspen and wanted an upgrade. I told him, sorry we drug test for that.” — @LeifCedar
• “Damn. Next month is the 5 year anniversary of Charlie Sheen assaulting his now ex-wife in Aspen. 5 YEARS!!! It’s almost like people forgot.” — @JennyJohnsonHi5
• “No, Pitkin County Sheriff, you can’t have my weed.” — @Doug__Allen
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
• “Things I’m currently researching: Whether to spend thousands at Aspen or Vail. God, I’m such a f—ing insufferable yuppie” — @eiffeldesigns
• “Bratty kid on flight to Aspen just started scream-singing ‘It’s a Hard-Knock Life.’ Irony has jumped the shark.” — @tgdolan
• “Art exhibit in Aspen features tortoises w/ iPads glued to their shells. That’s right, iPads. Glued. To their shells.” — @SafinaCenter
• “You can strap an iMac to my back and let me wander around a field in Aspen and I wouldn’t claim abuse.” — @jonnyklemchuk
• “Aspen airport is packed, because summer session of ski training camp for poodles just ended.” — @paulapoundstone
• “@SnoopDogg is playing @XGames #Aspen. I don’t think there are enough grass shops there that can handle the demand for that show.” — @TSquaredSports
• “Something awesome about hearing ‘Lawyers, Guns, and Money’ in the Aspen Club and Spa locker room” — @albionlawrence
• “In Aspen you can smoke pot, buy guns, & the police give out free pizza. I’m sold.” — @asian__joe
• “Making plans to go to Aspen is officially the whitest thing I’ve ever done” — @linecook
• “Wouldn’t be a flight to Aspen without having to sit next to ladies wearing various dead animals.” — @vivaladeegan
• “Got everything packed up and ready to head to Aspen tonight. I can’t wait to see the Owl Farm again! Scoring some acid later!” — @SoyChaiLatte
• “My first newspaper job was at the Aspen Daily News. I loved that place, even tho was hard to live on that salary” — @CillescasDP
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The city of Aspen is overhauling how it doles out $1.5 million in grants to nonprofits and is looking to volunteers to serve on committees.