A year of tweets, Aspen style
Each week, we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets about Aspen and publish them Sunday. Here are our favorite tweets of 2014, Aspen style, of course.
• “Lance Armstrong just got on a flight to Aspen and wanted an upgrade. I told him, sorry we drug test for that.” — @LeifCedar
• “Damn. Next month is the 5 year anniversary of Charlie Sheen assaulting his now ex-wife in Aspen. 5 YEARS!!! It’s almost like people forgot.” — @JennyJohnsonHi5
• “No, Pitkin County Sheriff, you can’t have my weed.” — @Doug__Allen
• “Things I’m currently researching: Whether to spend thousands at Aspen or Vail. God, I’m such a f—ing insufferable yuppie” — @eiffeldesigns
• “Bratty kid on flight to Aspen just started scream-singing ‘It’s a Hard-Knock Life.’ Irony has jumped the shark.” — @tgdolan
• “Art exhibit in Aspen features tortoises w/ iPads glued to their shells. That’s right, iPads. Glued. To their shells.” — @SafinaCenter
• “You can strap an iMac to my back and let me wander around a field in Aspen and I wouldn’t claim abuse.” — @jonnyklemchuk
• “Aspen airport is packed, because summer session of ski training camp for poodles just ended.” — @paulapoundstone
• “@SnoopDogg is playing @XGames #Aspen. I don’t think there are enough grass shops there that can handle the demand for that show.” — @TSquaredSports
• “Something awesome about hearing ‘Lawyers, Guns, and Money’ in the Aspen Club and Spa locker room” — @albionlawrence
• “In Aspen you can smoke pot, buy guns, & the police give out free pizza. I’m sold.” — @asian__joe
• “Making plans to go to Aspen is officially the whitest thing I’ve ever done” — @linecook
• “Wouldn’t be a flight to Aspen without having to sit next to ladies wearing various dead animals.” — @vivaladeegan
• “Got everything packed up and ready to head to Aspen tonight. I can’t wait to see the Owl Farm again! Scoring some acid later!” — @SoyChaiLatte
• “My first newspaper job was at the Aspen Daily News. I loved that place, even tho was hard to live on that salary” — @CillescasDP
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
Mountain Rescue Aspen is expanding its education efforts to try to keep people safe in the backcountry during winters and summers. It will host a workshop on Dec. 8 titled, “How to Plan a Backcountry Tour.”