A quiz for the left
August 16, 2008
1. Barack wants windfall profits tax on the “obscene” oil company profits. Exxon averaged 9.75 percent profits over the past five years. Last year, Google’s was 25 percent and Microsoft’s was 27 percent.
Question: If 25 percent and 27 percent aren’t obscene, why is 9.75 percent?
2. Maxine Waters wants to socialize, or take over, the oil companies.
Question: Can you defend the government taking over private enterprise, and can you deny that it’s socialism? Do you think the government running the oil companies is going to make them more efficient, and do you think it will result in cheaper gas?
Answer this part for extra credit: Exxon paid $50 billion in taxes the first half of 2007.
Recommended Stories For You
That’s more than the bottom 75 percent of all taxpayers paid. How much more do you think they should pay? If they do have to pay more, do you think it might hamper their ability to provide energy and, if not, why not? If so, what do you anticipate that will do to the price of gas at the pump?
3. Barack says we can’t drive our SUVs, keep our thermostats at 72 or eat all we want, while Michelle says we have to give up some of our pie.
Question: Does someone paraphrasing Karl Marx when outlining their plans for the future of our country seem like they might want to turn this into a worker’s paradise? Do you think they’re right? Do you think we’ll be better off?
4. War in Iraq, the cost and the fact that we haven’t been attacked on our soil since 9/11.
Question: Do you think that our having a presence in their front yard may have something to do with the fact that we haven’t had any more terrorist attacks from the Middle East? Between Iran’s president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Osama bin Laden and the late Che Guevera, who do you think will be more likely to win the next Nobel Peace prize?
For extra credit, here’s a multiple-choice question:
If it’s not worth $500 billion a year, how much is our national security worth?
A. $400 billion
B. $500 million
C. $1 million
D. None of the above
5. Barack’s coming-out party in Chicago was hosted by former Weather Underground terrorists William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn.
Question: Do you believe that he has nothing in common with those people?
6. You want to conserve resources and save the planet.
Question: Are you riding your bike to work every day?
7. Barack said in his latest blurb about Republican scare tactics, that they’d say: “And did I mention he’s black?”
Question: Wow, I never knew he was black, did you? Who’s making race an issue? Next thing you know, they’ll claim Hillary’s a woman.
8. The rules for the administration of the United States are explicitly defined in the Constitution.
Question: Have you read the Constitution? If not, why not? If so, do you believe that Barack’s plans for the United States follow it?
Keep the change, Barack!