Winifred Carol Wyman show opens on Friday
September 13, 2018
An exhibition of artwork by the late local artist Winifred Carol Wyman will open on Friday, Sept. 14 at Art of Hair in Basalt.
An opening reception for The Art of Winifred, Unframed and Unchained" will run Friday from 5 to 8 p.m.
Wyman died in 2013 but left behind a large catalog of paintings in her abstract, impressionist style.
The opening will include performances by classical musician Bruce Berger and magician Doc Eason. There will also be a book reading at 7 p.m. by Winifred's son, John Wyman, author or "Against Her Will," a cautionary tale about growing old in America.
John Wyman has also written the forthcoming "52 Moons" about his experiences in the 52 months he spent as his mother's caretaker.
This will be the final local show of her paintings before they are featured in retrospectives in New York and Chicago.
Trending In: Entertainment
- In ‘Freak Kingdom,’ a professor examines the political Hunter S. Thompson
- Aspen author Sarah Chase Shaw to discuss ‘Living Beneath the Colorado Peaks’
- Aspen Community Theatre stages a ‘Big River’ for our tumultuous times
- Immigrant students craft second annual ‘Home’ exhibition at Art Base in Basalt
- Premier valley jazz students will perform with Jazz Arts Messengers
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million