Wilderness Workshop accepting applications for artist-in-residence program
November 2, 2017
The application period for the 2018 Artist in Wilderness program opened Oct. 25 and runs through Jan. 31, 2018.
The program invites artists for one-week residencies near Aspen in the spring through fall of 2018. Candidates are selected by a jury of regional artists, collectors, and arts administrators. Selected artists will be provided with housing, a guide if requested, a $1,500 stipend and reimbursement for travel. This year, artists who create wearable jewelry, inspired by nature and/or by using natural materials, are invited to apply through WESTAF CaFÉ website. The application form and a full description of the residency can be found at http://www.callforentry.org,
The Artist in Wilderness program honors the memory of Wilderness Workshop co-founder Dottie Fox by promoting the importance of wilderness in our lives.
For more info, contact Rebecca Mirsky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says