Wilderness Workshop accepting applications for artist-in-residence program
November 2, 2017
The application period for the 2018 Artist in Wilderness program opened Oct. 25 and runs through Jan. 31, 2018.
The program invites artists for one-week residencies near Aspen in the spring through fall of 2018. Candidates are selected by a jury of regional artists, collectors, and arts administrators. Selected artists will be provided with housing, a guide if requested, a $1,500 stipend and reimbursement for travel. This year, artists who create wearable jewelry, inspired by nature and/or by using natural materials, are invited to apply through WESTAF CaFÉ website. The application form and a full description of the residency can be found at http://www.callforentry.org,
The Artist in Wilderness program honors the memory of Wilderness Workshop co-founder Dottie Fox by promoting the importance of wilderness in our lives.
For more info, contact Rebecca Mirsky at email@example.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Theatre Aspen moving summer education programs to Woody Creek
- 5Point Film Festival: ‘Ten Years Out’ shares an artist’s healing process
- What’s next for Hunter S. Thompson’s Owl Farm?
- Dustbowl Revival to co-headline The Temporary with Shook Twins
- Artists Tara Donovan, Njideka Akunyili Crosby, Vic Muniz and Robert Longo join Ai Weiwei on Anderson Ranch Summer Series lineup
- Aspen housing authority sues woman to sell her Snowmass house
- Some midvalley residents would rather switch than fight with Eagle County
- Aspen’s Maroon Bells bus service ready for another green breakthrough
- Copper pond-skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- What’s the Big Deal: Another Red Mountain home hauls in eight-figure sum