Wilderness Workshop accepting applications for artist-in-residence program
November 2, 2017
The application period for the 2018 Artist in Wilderness program opened Oct. 25 and runs through Jan. 31, 2018.
The program invites artists for one-week residencies near Aspen in the spring through fall of 2018. Candidates are selected by a jury of regional artists, collectors, and arts administrators. Selected artists will be provided with housing, a guide if requested, a $1,500 stipend and reimbursement for travel. This year, artists who create wearable jewelry, inspired by nature and/or by using natural materials, are invited to apply through WESTAF CaFÉ website. The application form and a full description of the residency can be found at http://www.callforentry.org,
The Artist in Wilderness program honors the memory of Wilderness Workshop co-founder Dottie Fox by promoting the importance of wilderness in our lives.
For more info, contact Rebecca Mirsky at email@example.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Jon Busch, Aspen gay icon and champion of cinema, inducted in the Hall of Fame
- Birding for ‘Cheaters’ at the Aspen Art Museum
- Documentary ‘The Quiet Force’ puts ski town immigrant communities in spotlight
- Jazz Aspen’s June Experience moving from Benedict Tent to multiple venues downtown this summer
- ’Impractical Jokers’ star Sal Vulcano goes solo at the Wheeler Opera House
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Aspen School District cancels classes for Friday after overnight snow