Wilderness Workshop accepting applications for artist-in-residence program
November 2, 2017
The application period for the 2018 Artist in Wilderness program opened Oct. 25 and runs through Jan. 31, 2018.
The program invites artists for one-week residencies near Aspen in the spring through fall of 2018. Candidates are selected by a jury of regional artists, collectors, and arts administrators. Selected artists will be provided with housing, a guide if requested, a $1,500 stipend and reimbursement for travel. This year, artists who create wearable jewelry, inspired by nature and/or by using natural materials, are invited to apply through WESTAF CaFÉ website. The application form and a full description of the residency can be found at http://www.callforentry.org,
The Artist in Wilderness program honors the memory of Wilderness Workshop co-founder Dottie Fox by promoting the importance of wilderness in our lives.
For more info, contact Rebecca Mirsky at email@example.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- In ‘Freak Kingdom,’ a professor examines the political Hunter S. Thompson
- Aspen author Sarah Chase Shaw to discuss ‘Living Beneath the Colorado Peaks’
- Aspen Community Theatre stages a ‘Big River’ for our tumultuous times
- Immigrant students craft second annual ‘Home’ exhibition at Art Base in Basalt
- Premier valley jazz students will perform with Jazz Arts Messengers
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents