Wheeler Opera House announces autumn On the Rise concert lineup
August 16, 2017
The Wheeler Opera House has announced the return of its On the Rise series, which highlights new, up-and-coming musical artists.
Designed with locals in mind during the shoulder season, performances will begin in late September and continue through November. Musical artists featured in the series include Nashville-based alternative group Elliot Root (Sept. 29), quirky roots jazz and street blues band Bumper Jacksons (Oct. 21), as well as the return of Aspen favorites Seth Glier (Nov. 4) and SHEL (Nov. 18). Roots pop band Front Country will perform Nov. 11 in a co-production with Wheeler Associates.
Passes to see all shows are $88. Single tickets are $25 and will be available for purchase Wednesday, Aug. 16 at noon at the Wheeler Opera House box office and http://www.aspenshowtix.com.
"One of the favorite parts of my job is discovering new musical talent, and the fall series allows us to introduce some of my favorite new finds to the community," Wheeler Executive Director Gena Buhler said in the announcement. "Our entire Wheeler team is excited about the return of this series. We started it last year with high hopes that the concerts on this series would attract locals, and it did."
Trending In: Entertainment
- In ‘Freak Kingdom,’ a professor examines the political Hunter S. Thompson
- Aspen author Sarah Chase Shaw to discuss ‘Living Beneath the Colorado Peaks’
- Aspen Community Theatre stages a ‘Big River’ for our tumultuous times
- Immigrant students craft second annual ‘Home’ exhibition at Art Base in Basalt
- Premier valley jazz students will perform with Jazz Arts Messengers
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million