Wheeler Opera House announces autumn On the Rise concert lineup
August 16, 2017
The Wheeler Opera House has announced the return of its On the Rise series, which highlights new, up-and-coming musical artists.
Designed with locals in mind during the shoulder season, performances will begin in late September and continue through November. Musical artists featured in the series include Nashville-based alternative group Elliot Root (Sept. 29), quirky roots jazz and street blues band Bumper Jacksons (Oct. 21), as well as the return of Aspen favorites Seth Glier (Nov. 4) and SHEL (Nov. 18). Roots pop band Front Country will perform Nov. 11 in a co-production with Wheeler Associates.
Passes to see all shows are $88. Single tickets are $25 and will be available for purchase Wednesday, Aug. 16 at noon at the Wheeler Opera House box office and http://www.aspenshowtix.com.
"One of the favorite parts of my job is discovering new musical talent, and the fall series allows us to introduce some of my favorite new finds to the community," Wheeler Executive Director Gena Buhler said in the announcement. "Our entire Wheeler team is excited about the return of this series. We started it last year with high hopes that the concerts on this series would attract locals, and it did."
Trending In: Entertainment
- Peter Waanders takes the helm at Anderson Ranch Arts Center
- Toklat Gallery celebrates 70 years of Aspen, Ashcroft and Basalt history
- ’Impractical Jokers’ star Sal Vulcano goes solo at the Wheeler Opera House
- After controversy over his border patrol memoir, Francisco Cantú gets back to writing at Aspen Words residency
- What’s next for Hunter S. Thompson’s Owl Farm?
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified