Wheeler Opera House adds comics to Aspen Laugh Fest lineup
January 5, 2018
Several comedians and three free Aprés Comedy Hour events have been added to the Aspen Laugh Festival lineup, the Wheeler Opera House announced Thursday.
The free 4 p.m. shows will run Feb. 22 to 24 and will feature former "Saturday Night Live" cast member Jon Rudnitsky, "Chelsea Lately" veteran Sarah Tiana, New York comic Alex Edelman, Comedy Store regular Benji Afialo and Chicago's Megan Gailey.
"Adding in a space where up-and-coming comics can come be a part of the Aspen Laugh Festival was key to me as we curated this year's lineup," Wheeler executive director Gena Buhler said in the announcement.
The free shows will precede previously announced main stage primetime sets by Paula Poundstone on Feb. 22, Colin Jost and Jeff Ross on Feb. 23 and Mike Birbiglia and Tiffany Haddish on Feb. 24.
The Wheeler also announced that the festival's opening free Colorado Comedy Night event Feb. 20, will feature Edelman, Colorado-based comics Mitch Fatel and John "Hippieman" Novosad, along with a selection of Aspen's local favorites.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Hotel Jerome, Redstone Castle featured on new season of Rocky Mountain PBS’s ‘Colorado Experience’
- Anderson Ranch Arts Center taps Aspen Institute’s Peter Waanders as CEO
- Aspen On the Hill: New ski tunes for a new ski season
- Behind the scenes of Aspen Santa Fe Ballet’s ‘The Nutcracker’
- ‘The Guilty’ and Hal Ashby films among December titles in Library Cinema series
- Shake-up at Aspen Skiing Co. over alleged retail racket
- No damage after small quakes north of Glenwood
- City of Aspen slams on brakes with Lyft contract
- Aspen School District taking measures to remove human resources director
- Developer to city of Aspen: $150M in tax revenue to come in if base of mountain is redeveloped