Wheeler Opera House adds comics to Aspen Laugh Fest lineup
January 5, 2018
Several comedians and three free Aprés Comedy Hour events have been added to the Aspen Laugh Festival lineup, the Wheeler Opera House announced Thursday.
The free 4 p.m. shows will run Feb. 22 to 24 and will feature former "Saturday Night Live" cast member Jon Rudnitsky, "Chelsea Lately" veteran Sarah Tiana, New York comic Alex Edelman, Comedy Store regular Benji Afialo and Chicago's Megan Gailey.
"Adding in a space where up-and-coming comics can come be a part of the Aspen Laugh Festival was key to me as we curated this year's lineup," Wheeler executive director Gena Buhler said in the announcement.
The free shows will precede previously announced main stage primetime sets by Paula Poundstone on Feb. 22, Colin Jost and Jeff Ross on Feb. 23 and Mike Birbiglia and Tiffany Haddish on Feb. 24.
The Wheeler also announced that the festival's opening free Colorado Comedy Night event Feb. 20, will feature Edelman, Colorado-based comics Mitch Fatel and John "Hippieman" Novosad, along with a selection of Aspen's local favorites.
Trending In: Entertainment
- From ‘Dirty Dancing’ to Aspen Santa Fe Ballet; Jenny Winton joins local dance company
- Nicki Bluhm launches summer tour and solo record with Colorado concerts
- What’s next for Hunter S. Thompson’s Owl Farm?
- Review: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at Belly Up Aspen
- Lionel Richie, Zac Brown Band to headline 2018 Jazz Aspen Labor Day
- Aspen man in trouble over alleged lewd behavior in neighbor’s apartment
- Party at Aspen’s Independence Pass as gates open for the summer season
- Search in Pitkin County along Crystal River for missing Delta man unsuccessful
- Klaus Obermeyer revisits how he started his ski clothing empire in Aspen
- Mountain lion sighting in New Castle a good reminder