Weezer to headline Jazz Aspen Labor Day, joining John Mayer and Sting on top of bill
February 8, 2019
Weezer will headline the Jazz Aspen Snowmass Labor Day Experience on Friday, Aug. 30, joining previously announced acts John Mayer and Sting as the festival's top-billed artists.
The rock band behind "Buddy Holly" and "Beverly Hills," Weezer recently released the all-covers "Teal Album," which reached No. 1 on Billboard's Top Rock and Top Alternative albums charts. The band is expected to release another new album in March. Weezer will follow a performance by Portugal. The Man on the festival's opening day at Snowmass Town Park.
Day two of the festival, on Saturday, Aug. 31, will open with vocalist and multi-instrumentalist ZZ Ward at 3 p.m., followed by country star Luke Combs and Mayer.
Sting will close the weekend as the headliner on Sunday, Sept. 1, with what Jazz Aspen dubbed "very special guests" still to be announced.
Single day general admission tickets will go on sale Monday at 9 a.m.
A limited number of Early Bird 3-Day passes are available now. Tickets available at 866-JAS-TIXX (527-8499), jazzaspensnowmass.org, or at the Belly Up Aspen box office. Three-day Donor/VIP passes are also available at 970-920-4996 or jazzaspensnowmass.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Jazz Aspen announces artists, venues, details for new downtown June Experience
- Aspen Laugh Festival: Kathleen Madigan
- Comedian Julian McCullough returns for two Aspen Laugh Fest sets
- Wheeler Opera House to host Colorado premiere of ‘The River and the Wall’
- Filmmaker Pete McBride’s ‘Into the Canyon’ to premiere at Wheeler Opera House in February