Toklat gallery opens ‘The Colorists’ today
February 8, 2018
The Toklat Gallery in Basalt will open "The Colorists," featuring new work by local painters Susanne Clark and Dave Durrance, on Friday.
Both artists recently completed the Anderson Ranch three-week studio concentration "Color Mastery for the Painter." Gallerist Lynne Mace — who has known Durrance since grade school in Aspen — said the pair is shaking things up at Toklat.
"I have had the best time being teased out of my comfort zone of purely realistic paintings to appreciating abstract, evocative and colorful paintings," Mace said.
An opening reception with the artists will run from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Leftover Salmon, Marc Maron, Wynonna Judd coming to Wheeler Opera House this winter
- Artwork by Hank Willis Thomas to be featured on Aspen lift tickets this ski season
- Hunter S. Thompson: Anti-fascist
- Now a ‘weekend warrior’ musician, Boulder-based Vienna Teng headlines Wheeler Opera House on Saturday
- Aspen Community Theatre stages a ‘Big River’ for our tumultuous times
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works