Toklat gallery opens ‘The Colorists’ today
February 8, 2018
The Toklat Gallery in Basalt will open "The Colorists," featuring new work by local painters Susanne Clark and Dave Durrance, on Friday.
Both artists recently completed the Anderson Ranch three-week studio concentration "Color Mastery for the Painter." Gallerist Lynne Mace — who has known Durrance since grade school in Aspen — said the pair is shaking things up at Toklat.
"I have had the best time being teased out of my comfort zone of purely realistic paintings to appreciating abstract, evocative and colorful paintings," Mace said.
An opening reception with the artists will run from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Wheeler Opera House to host Native American film festival in October
- After an injury, a year off the road and a new album, Matt and Kim play Aspen
- Review: Aspen Opera Center delivers on ‘Tales of Hoffmann’
- Seraphic Fire launches new choral institute at Aspen Music Festival
- Aspen Times Q&A: Adam Cayton-Holland discusses his memoir ‘Tragedy Plus Time’
- Business Monday: Not quite a free fall, but United fares between Aspen and Denver dropping
- Hiker airlifted off Maroon Peak after falling 100 feet into gully
- Aspen Councilman asked to stop but continues to email plaintiffs suing city over office building
- Aspen Shift mobility lab hits bumps in the road
- Basalt affordable housing project will be ‘net zero’ on energy