Theatre Aspen to host Fall Family Fun Fest
September 20, 2018
Theatre Aspen will host an afternoon of family-friendly entertainment, competition and a picnic with its first annual Fall Family Fun Fest on Saturday, Oct. 20.
The fundraiser, running from 3 to 5 p.m., will send participants on a photo treasure hunt through downtown Aspen.
Groups of two to six people, related or not, can enter as a "family" and compete to win various prizes. A "Best Costume" prize will be awarded to the family with the most impressive themed costume. The family with the most creative catchphrase will win "Best Slogan." The main event — a photo treasure hunt — will lead teams to iconic Aspen locations throughout the core. A "family" photo will mark the clue as solved, and the team with the most photos in 45 minutes will win the grand prize.
"The Family Fun Fest will be a great way for Theatre Aspen to celebrate our town even after our performance season has ended," Theatre Aspen producing director Jed Bernstein said in an announcement.
Registration is $500 per team and includes snacks, beverages, and goodie bags for each family. Theatre Aspen's show choir, The Miner Keys, also will perform. Funds raised at the event support Theatre Aspen's 2019 Summer Season and its year-round education programs.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Sting, John Mayer to headline Jazz Aspen Labor Day Experience
- Documentary ‘This Mountain Life’ gets an encore screening at Wheeler Opera House
- Two nights of Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats at Belly Up Aspen
- Another side of Shakey Graves at Belly Up Aspen
- What’s next for Hunter S. Thompson’s Owl Farm?
- Glenn K. Beaton: Psychosexual dysfunction and pickup trucks
- Snowmass celebrates opening of Base Village, Limelight: ‘It’s a whole new world’
- Aspen Mountain’s independently-owned restaurant opens for season
- ‘Once again new’: As Base Village rises, Snowmass landscape, demographics signal full-circle change
- Assistant city manager Barry Crook resigns