Theatre Aspen to dedicate ticket sales to fire recovery; first responders attend ‘Our Town’ for free
July 12, 2018
In response to the Lake Christine Fire, Theatre Aspen will give a portion of proceeds from ticket sales to recovery efforts and will allow first responders to attend the upcoming production of "Our Town" for free.
"The theme of 'Our Town,' of course, is that we all need to take care of each other," Theatre Aspen producing director Jed Bernstein said Tuesday. "We're members of this community, too, and we think this is important."
The theater company will donate 20 percent of ticket sales from performances of "Our Town" from July 23 through 26 to the Community to Community Disaster Relief Fund, overseen by the Aspen Community Foundation.
"The recent outpouring of support for those affected by the Lake Christine Fire is truly inspiring," Aspen Community Foundation executive director Tamara Tormohlen said in Wednesday's announcement. "Theatre Aspen's generosity will help ACF to provide assistance and critical services to those who live and work throughout the greater Roaring Fork Valley."
First responders may reserve their tickets by calling the Theatre Aspen box office at 970-300-4474.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Birding for ‘Cheaters’ at the Aspen Art Museum
- Jon Busch, Aspen gay icon and champion of cinema, inducted in the Hall of Fame
- ’Impractical Jokers’ star Sal Vulcano goes solo at the Wheeler Opera House
- Michal Menert comes home to Colorado for Belly Up Aspen show with The Pretty Fantastics
- Documentary ‘The Quiet Force’ puts ski town immigrant communities in spotlight
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Willoughby: The split personality of Aspen Mountain’s Spar Gulch
- How to see the super blood wolf moon on Sunday