Theatre Aspen to dedicate ticket sales to fire recovery; first responders attend ‘Our Town’ for free
July 12, 2018
In response to the Lake Christine Fire, Theatre Aspen will give a portion of proceeds from ticket sales to recovery efforts and will allow first responders to attend the upcoming production of "Our Town" for free.
"The theme of 'Our Town,' of course, is that we all need to take care of each other," Theatre Aspen producing director Jed Bernstein said Tuesday. "We're members of this community, too, and we think this is important."
The theater company will donate 20 percent of ticket sales from performances of "Our Town" from July 23 through 26 to the Community to Community Disaster Relief Fund, overseen by the Aspen Community Foundation.
"The recent outpouring of support for those affected by the Lake Christine Fire is truly inspiring," Aspen Community Foundation executive director Tamara Tormohlen said in Wednesday's announcement. "Theatre Aspen's generosity will help ACF to provide assistance and critical services to those who live and work throughout the greater Roaring Fork Valley."
First responders may reserve their tickets by calling the Theatre Aspen box office at 970-300-4474.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Writer Catherine O’Connell releases new mystery book
- A dog’s life lessons from Aspen children’s author Walker Jean Mills
- Lil Wayne, Chainsmokers, Kygo to headline X Games Aspen
- Theatre Aspen to host Fall Family Fun Fest
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Aspen’s affordable housing program faces budget shortfall