Photographers discuss dog show at Aspen Chapel Gallery
November 6, 2018
Ten participating artists will discuss their photography in the current Aspen Chapel Gallery show, "Man's Best Friend," on Wednesday.
The exhibition is in partnership with the Aspen Animal Shelter. The show includes canine-centric work by Dan Bayer, Ted Bristol, Annie Hosier, Klaus Kocher, Heather Lafferty, Brenda ManesBland Nesbit, Bryna Patterson, Karen Sanders and Summers Moore, who also curated the show and will lead Wednesday's hour-long discussion.
"The pictures of dogs, cats and horses has delighted viewers because most of us relate to animals," Moore said in an announcement. However, there is more to the pictures than what you see and our discussion will be more in depth about the photographs, process and technique."
The show opened last month with a lively reception including artists, locals and their four-legged friends. A percentage of art sales are being donated to the Aspen Animal Shelter.
The talk is scheduled to begin at 5:30 p.m. Regular gallery hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. "Man's Best Friend" runs through Nov. 25.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Artwork by Hank Willis Thomas to be featured on Aspen lift tickets this ski season
- Aspen Community Theatre stages a ‘Big River’ for our tumultuous times
- Aspen author Sarah Chase Shaw to discuss ‘Living Beneath the Colorado Peaks’
- In ‘Freak Kingdom,’ a professor examines the political Hunter S. Thompson
- ‘Kid Flicks’ brings the best of the New York International Children’s Film Fest to The Temporary
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Micro-housing and free market river cabins part of new proposal for Basalt’s Pan and Fork