‘Mountain’ plays Aspen and Carbondale movie theaters
June 21, 2018
The acclaimed and groundbreaking new documentary "Mountain" will play in Aspen this weekend at the Library Cinema Series and at the Crystal Theatre in Carbondale through June 28.
Made by "Sherpa" director Jennifer Peedom, "Mountain" has been hailed as a monumental achievement in outdoor and adventure film. The Hollywood Reporter called it "a ravishing feat of vertiginous filmmaking" and "one of the most visceral essay films ever made."
The 74-minute documentary is a unique cinematic and musical collaboration between the Australian Chamber Orchestra and Peedom. It follows mountaineers, ice climbers, free soloists, heliskiers, snowboarders, wingsuiters and parachuting mountain bikers on adventures crossing all seven continents.
Academy Award nominee Willem Dafoe provides a narration sampled from British mountaineer Robert Macfarlane's acclaimed memoir "Mountains of the Mind," with an original orchestral score.
It plays at the library Friday through Sunday at 7:30 p.m. and at the Crystal through June 28.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says