Lionel Richie, Zac Brown Band to headline 2018 Jazz Aspen Labor Day
December 15, 2017
Music legend Lionel Richie and the platinum-selling, Grammy-winning Zac Brown Band will headline the 2018 Jazz Aspen Snowmass Labor Day Experience, the nonprofit will announce today.
Confirmed opening acts include local favorite Michael Franti and Spearhead and the return of Fitz and the Tantrums.
Additional opening acts, along with the final headliner, will be announced later this winter, along with the specific days and times that each artist will perform. Three-day "Early Bird" passes to the festival, running Aug. 31 to Sept. 2, will go on sale Monday at 9 a.m.
The 2018 rendition of the festival will follow a record-setting year for Jazz Aspen, which saw the first ever two-night advance sellout in the Labor Day festival's history. Jazz Aspen's "Blind Faith" passes sold out in five hours when they went on sale this fall.
"We anticipate similar demand for the three-day pass given the great lineup of artists and momentum from last year's event," Jazz Aspen President Jim Horowitz said in the announcement. "The word is out, audiences have confidence in the stellar annual artist lineup combined with the experience of hearing these artists in this spectacular alpine venue. And there's still one more surprise headliner to join the bill."
Zac Brown Band previously headlined the festival in 2011. They return to Jazz Aspen following sold-out stadium shows at Denver's Coors Field and Chicago's Wrigley Field during the band's 50-stop "Welcome Home" tour.
Recommended Stories For You
Richie's performance, his first in Aspen or Snowmass Village, will be one of only a handful of shows he'll perform outside of his Las Vegas residency next year.
"Early Bird" event passes are $219.95, available at 866-JAS-TIXX (527-8499), http://www.jazzaspensnowmass.org or at the Belly Up box office in Aspen, http://www.belly upaspen.com (970-544-9800). Three-day deck passes and Patron VIP passes also go on sale Monday. Single-day tickets will go on sale at a later date.
The 2018 Jazz Aspen June Experience will return to the Benedict Music Tent on June 22-23, with lineup announcements expected soon.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Theatre Aspen moving summer education programs to Woody Creek
- What’s next for Hunter S. Thompson’s Owl Farm?
- Aspen Santa Fe Ballet summer lineup includes world premiere by Bryan Arias
- Artists Tara Donovan, Njideka Akunyili Crosby, Vic Muniz and Robert Longo join Ai Weiwei on Anderson Ranch Summer Series lineup
- 5Point Film Festival: ‘Ten Years Out’ shares an artist’s healing process
- Aspen organic food supplier ‘Farmer Jack’ Reed dies on land he worked
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts to begin June 11
- Dishonest driver’s tall tales end with felony
- Landlord has brush with law firm over Aspen construction
- Sheriff’s department: Remodeler stole cash, jewelry from Basalt home