Launchpad to host Salon in Carbondale
January 11, 2018
Song, dance, spoken word and more will be on display Saturday night as The Salon moves down to the Launchpad in Carbondale for an evening multimedia performance.
The Aspen-based happening's third foray into Carbondale will feature an eclectic program with local and national performances from six artists.
The night will include a monologue from local playwright Rick Minkoff and a performance by valley-based trumpeter Tim Fox. Dancer Ian Oeser will give a solo rendition of "Refugee," an excerpt of a larger piece by choreographer and Salon founder Alya Howe.
National artists making their way to Carbondale for the show include U.S. tango champions Cindy Gottlob and Sean Ericson, writer Michelle Marcheldon and Boulder-based singer Lucille Weld.
The event begins at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $25, available at saloncarbondale.eventrbite.com
Trending In: Entertainment
- Chris Collins, Jim Salestrom and the 2018 John Denver Celebration in Aspen
- Carbondale artist Jonathan VanTassel opens Art Base exhibition
- Aspen Chapel Gallery going to the dogs
- What’s next for Hunter S. Thompson’s Owl Farm?
- Artwork by Hank Willis Thomas to be featured on Aspen lift tickets this ski season
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Sex assault suspects appear in court together in Aspen
- Aspen Snowmass among resorts trying to battle ‘snow hangover’ from last winter
- Camper occupant injured and driver arrested after crash
- Superintendent says Aspen district’s reputation unfairly attacked