Launchpad to host Salon in Carbondale
January 11, 2018
Song, dance, spoken word and more will be on display Saturday night as The Salon moves down to the Launchpad in Carbondale for an evening multimedia performance.
The Aspen-based happening's third foray into Carbondale will feature an eclectic program with local and national performances from six artists.
The night will include a monologue from local playwright Rick Minkoff and a performance by valley-based trumpeter Tim Fox. Dancer Ian Oeser will give a solo rendition of "Refugee," an excerpt of a larger piece by choreographer and Salon founder Alya Howe.
National artists making their way to Carbondale for the show include U.S. tango champions Cindy Gottlob and Sean Ericson, writer Michelle Marcheldon and Boulder-based singer Lucille Weld.
The event begins at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $25, available at saloncarbondale.eventrbite.com
Trending In: Entertainment
- Birding for ‘Cheaters’ at the Aspen Art Museum
- Michal Menert comes home to Colorado for Belly Up Aspen show with The Pretty Fantastics
- ’Impractical Jokers’ star Sal Vulcano goes solo at the Wheeler Opera House
- Art Base hosts interactive Trace Nichols exhibit
- Jon Busch, Aspen gay icon and champion of cinema, inducted in the Hall of Fame
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche