Jane’s Addiction is New Year’s Eve Belly Up highlight
November 1, 2017
Jane's Addiction will headline Belly Up Aspen on Dec. 30 and New Year's Eve, the music club announced Wednesday morning.
The alt-rock hit-makers previously headlined New Year's Eve at the venue for three years from 2009 to 2011.
The Dec. 30 show is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m.; the Dec. 31 concert is scheduled for 9:30 p.m. Tickets range from $185 to $585. They go on sale Friday at 2 p.m. at the Belly Up box office and http://www.bellyupaspen.com. The club will release a limited number of presale tickets Thursday.
Along with the big New Year's shows at Belly Up, Jane's Addiction — and other projects led by singer Perry Farrell — have frequently been showcased in Aspen. Farrell's band Satellite Party played a free show outside of Ink Coffee downtown in 2007 and Farrell also joined the Flaming Lips onstage three winters ago at Belly Up. Guitarist Dave Navarro's supergroup cover band Camp Freddy has also played the club.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Wheeler Opera House to host Native American film festival in October
- After an injury, a year off the road and a new album, Matt and Kim play Aspen
- Review: Aspen Opera Center delivers on ‘Tales of Hoffmann’
- Seraphic Fire launches new choral institute at Aspen Music Festival
- Aspen Times Q&A: Adam Cayton-Holland discusses his memoir ‘Tragedy Plus Time’
- Business Monday: Not quite a free fall, but United fares between Aspen and Denver dropping
- Hiker airlifted off Maroon Peak after falling 100 feet into gully
- Aspen Councilman asked to stop but continues to email plaintiffs suing city over office building
- Aspen Shift mobility lab hits bumps in the road
- Basalt affordable housing project will be ‘net zero’ on energy