Jane’s Addiction is New Year’s Eve Belly Up highlight
November 1, 2017
Jane's Addiction will headline Belly Up Aspen on Dec. 30 and New Year's Eve, the music club announced Wednesday morning.
The alt-rock hit-makers previously headlined New Year's Eve at the venue for three years from 2009 to 2011.
The Dec. 30 show is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m.; the Dec. 31 concert is scheduled for 9:30 p.m. Tickets range from $185 to $585. They go on sale Friday at 2 p.m. at the Belly Up box office and http://www.bellyupaspen.com. The club will release a limited number of presale tickets Thursday.
Along with the big New Year's shows at Belly Up, Jane's Addiction — and other projects led by singer Perry Farrell — have frequently been showcased in Aspen. Farrell's band Satellite Party played a free show outside of Ink Coffee downtown in 2007 and Farrell also joined the Flaming Lips onstage three winters ago at Belly Up. Guitarist Dave Navarro's supergroup cover band Camp Freddy has also played the club.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Wheeler Opera House’s ‘On the Rise’ series goes Upstate
- Chris Collins, Jim Salestrom and the 2018 John Denver Celebration in Aspen
- What’s next for Hunter S. Thompson’s Owl Farm?
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Lil Wayne, Chainsmokers, Kygo to headline X Games Aspen
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first
- Aspen Skiing Co. to take over family-run Gwyn’s High Alpine at Snowmass in 2020
- Charges dismissed against driver in Basalt pedestrian death on Highway 82
- Aspen housing board lets man suffering from PTSD stay in home
- Glenn K. Beaton: James Madison doesn’t want your dead cat to vote, and maybe not you either