Jan Garrett and JD Martin to play Valentine’s concert
February 13, 2018
The locally based folk-music duo of Jan Garrett and J.D. Martin will play a free early Valentine's Day concert at the Pitkin County Library on Wednesday at 6 p.m.
The musical partners and married couple have been playing together for some 20 years, though both have been on the Aspen music scene since the 1970s. Their most recent album is 2016's "Falling in Love Again." Titled "The Heart of Harmony," the Valentine's Day concert will include original love songs and is aimed at both couples and singles.
"Music helps take the edge off," Garrett and Martin said in the concert announcement, "which is why you should plan on attending (the) concert."
Trending In: Entertainment
- After an injury, a year off the road and a new album, Matt and Kim play Aspen
- Review: Aspen Opera Center delivers on ‘Tales of Hoffmann’
- Seraphic Fire launches new choral institute at Aspen Music Festival
- Wheeler Opera House to host Native American film festival in October
- Anderson Ranch Arts Center exhibition puts interns in the spotlight
- Aspen Councilman asked to stop but continues to email plaintiffs suing city over office building
- Business Monday: Not quite a free fall, but United fares between Aspen and Denver dropping
- Hiker airlifted off Maroon Peak after falling 100 feet into gully
- Aspen man’s mental health again a concern for Pitkin County judge
- U.S. Forest Service opposing Fryingpan, Arkansas rivers conditional rights in wilderness area