Jan Garrett and JD Martin to play Valentine’s concert
February 13, 2018
The locally based folk-music duo of Jan Garrett and J.D. Martin will play a free early Valentine's Day concert at the Pitkin County Library on Wednesday at 6 p.m.
The musical partners and married couple have been playing together for some 20 years, though both have been on the Aspen music scene since the 1970s. Their most recent album is 2016's "Falling in Love Again." Titled "The Heart of Harmony," the Valentine's Day concert will include original love songs and is aimed at both couples and singles.
"Music helps take the edge off," Garrett and Martin said in the concert announcement, "which is why you should plan on attending (the) concert."
Trending In: Entertainment
- Artwork by Hank Willis Thomas to be featured on Aspen lift tickets this ski season
- Leftover Salmon, Marc Maron, Wynonna Judd coming to Wheeler Opera House this winter
- Now a ‘weekend warrior’ musician, Boulder-based Vienna Teng headlines Wheeler Opera House on Saturday
- ‘Kid Flicks’ brings the best of the New York International Children’s Film Fest to The Temporary
- Aspen Community Theatre stages a ‘Big River’ for our tumultuous times
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Juvenile who shot, killed dog near Carbondale sentenced two years in youth division