Documentary featuring Aspen artists seeks funding
November 17, 2016
A documentary film series exploring the work, influences, process and inspiration of eight Colorado artists is in the works.
Aspen-based production company FuseMedia recently launched a $40,000 Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign seeking funding for the documentary, titled "Colorado ArtBeat." The campaign will run through Dec. 1.
FuseMedia owner Chris Macdonald produced a similar series a decade ago for Plum TV, which focused on 10 Roaring Fork Valley artists. Two of those films were nominated for Regional Emmy Awards.
"I've always wanted to continue this series on a statewide level to give exposure to exceptional artist living and working in Colorado," he said in an announcement.
The local artists that the series would profile are Mark Cesark, K. Rhynus Cesark and Robert Burch of Carbondale, along with photo-based artist Linda Girvin of Aspen. Additional subjects include Gregory Block of Steamboat Springs, Joshua Goss of Greeley, Sara Ransford of Loma and Laura Guese of Denver.
More info at http://www.fusemedia.tv.
Trending In: Entertainment
- In ‘Freak Kingdom,’ a professor examines the political Hunter S. Thompson
- Aspen Community Theatre stages a ‘Big River’ for our tumultuous times
- Immigrant students craft second annual ‘Home’ exhibition at Art Base in Basalt
- Singer-songwriter Heather Maloney on the rise at the Wheeler Opera House
- Premier valley jazz students will perform with Jazz Arts Messengers
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Aspen’s affordable housing authority looks at increasing user fees
- Vail employee allegedly slept with child prostitute in Glenwood Springs
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million