Documentary featuring Aspen artists seeks funding
November 17, 2016
A documentary film series exploring the work, influences, process and inspiration of eight Colorado artists is in the works.
Aspen-based production company FuseMedia recently launched a $40,000 Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign seeking funding for the documentary, titled "Colorado ArtBeat." The campaign will run through Dec. 1.
FuseMedia owner Chris Macdonald produced a similar series a decade ago for Plum TV, which focused on 10 Roaring Fork Valley artists. Two of those films were nominated for Regional Emmy Awards.
"I've always wanted to continue this series on a statewide level to give exposure to exceptional artist living and working in Colorado," he said in an announcement.
The local artists that the series would profile are Mark Cesark, K. Rhynus Cesark and Robert Burch of Carbondale, along with photo-based artist Linda Girvin of Aspen. Additional subjects include Gregory Block of Steamboat Springs, Joshua Goss of Greeley, Sara Ransford of Loma and Laura Guese of Denver.
More info at http://www.fusemedia.tv.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Birding for ‘Cheaters’ at the Aspen Art Museum
- Michal Menert comes home to Colorado for Belly Up Aspen show with The Pretty Fantastics
- ’Impractical Jokers’ star Sal Vulcano goes solo at the Wheeler Opera House
- Art Base hosts interactive Trace Nichols exhibit
- Jon Busch, Aspen gay icon and champion of cinema, inducted in the Hall of Fame
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche