Documentary featuring Aspen artists seeks funding
November 17, 2016
A documentary film series exploring the work, influences, process and inspiration of eight Colorado artists is in the works.
Aspen-based production company FuseMedia recently launched a $40,000 Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign seeking funding for the documentary, titled "Colorado ArtBeat." The campaign will run through Dec. 1.
FuseMedia owner Chris Macdonald produced a similar series a decade ago for Plum TV, which focused on 10 Roaring Fork Valley artists. Two of those films were nominated for Regional Emmy Awards.
"I've always wanted to continue this series on a statewide level to give exposure to exceptional artist living and working in Colorado," he said in an announcement.
The local artists that the series would profile are Mark Cesark, K. Rhynus Cesark and Robert Burch of Carbondale, along with photo-based artist Linda Girvin of Aspen. Additional subjects include Gregory Block of Steamboat Springs, Joshua Goss of Greeley, Sara Ransford of Loma and Laura Guese of Denver.
More info at http://www.fusemedia.tv.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Writer Catherine O’Connell releases new mystery book
- ‘Howard,’ about the genius life and tragic death of Disney lyricist Howard Ashman, to open Aspen Filmfest
- A dog’s life lessons from Aspen children’s author Walker Jean Mills
- Lil Wayne, Chainsmokers, Kygo to headline X Games Aspen
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Aspen’s affordable housing program faces budget shortfall