Concert to benefit Gary Daniel
February 7, 2018
Friends are hosting a benefit concert for longtime local Gary Daniel on Tuesday, Feb. 13 at the Aspen Community Church.
Daniel performed at the Crystal Palace dinner theater for 27 years and is a mainstay of local stages including the Glenwood Vaudeville Revue and Aspen Community Theatre. In the fall of 2017, he played King Arthur in the Aspen Community Theatre production of "Spamalot."
In early December, Daniel suffered a stroke. The benefit concert will raise funds for his medical costs.
"He is doing extremely well but it is a long process and he hasn't been able to work or anything since it happened," Daniel's friend and fellow actor Kathy Pelowski said via email on Tuesday.
Billed "That's What Friends Are For," the free benefit concert will feature local performers and will run from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Donations will be accepted at the concert. Aspen Community Church is also accepting donations for Daniel by mail at 200 E. Bleeker, Aspen, CO 81611. Checks should be made out to Aspen Community Church with "Gary Daniel" written in the memo space.
Trending In: Entertainment
- She Said, He Said: What makes Aspen the divorce capital of Colorado?
- Another winter storm expected to hit Aspen, Snowmass area Monday
- Aspen’s Alex Ferreira, Torin Yater-Wallace soar into Olympic ski pipe finals
- Mutual fund plummet blamed on Aspen homeowner’s firm
- Talk will expose sex trafficking’s reach into Aspen