Belly Up to honor Tom Petty
November 6, 2017
Belly Up Aspen will pay tribute to Tom Petty with a free, two-night screening of the documentary "Runnin' Down a Dream" on Tuesday, Nov. 7 and Wednesday Nov. 8. Totaling four hours, the Grammy-winning film is broken up into two parts.
Directed by Peter Bogdonovich, "Runnin' Down a Dream" was released in 2007. It follows Petty and the Heartbreakers through the history of the band from its inception in 1976 to its 30th anniversary concert in Florida while also looking at Petty's solo career, time with the Traveling Willburys and battles with the record industry.
Petty died on Oct. 2 at age 66.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Jon Busch, Aspen gay icon and champion of cinema, inducted in the Hall of Fame
- Birding for ‘Cheaters’ at the Aspen Art Museum
- Documentary ‘The Quiet Force’ puts ski town immigrant communities in spotlight
- Jazz Aspen’s June Experience moving from Benedict Tent to multiple venues downtown this summer
- ’Impractical Jokers’ star Sal Vulcano goes solo at the Wheeler Opera House
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Aspen School District cancels classes for Friday after overnight snow