Belly Up to honor Tom Petty
November 6, 2017
Belly Up Aspen will pay tribute to Tom Petty with a free, two-night screening of the documentary "Runnin' Down a Dream" on Tuesday, Nov. 7 and Wednesday Nov. 8. Totaling four hours, the Grammy-winning film is broken up into two parts.
Directed by Peter Bogdonovich, "Runnin' Down a Dream" was released in 2007. It follows Petty and the Heartbreakers through the history of the band from its inception in 1976 to its 30th anniversary concert in Florida while also looking at Petty's solo career, time with the Traveling Willburys and battles with the record industry.
Petty died on Oct. 2 at age 66.
Trending In: Entertainment
- In ‘Freak Kingdom,’ a professor examines the political Hunter S. Thompson
- Aspen author Sarah Chase Shaw to discuss ‘Living Beneath the Colorado Peaks’
- Aspen Community Theatre stages a ‘Big River’ for our tumultuous times
- Immigrant students craft second annual ‘Home’ exhibition at Art Base in Basalt
- Premier valley jazz students will perform with Jazz Arts Messengers
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area