Bach organ recital at Community Church
February 8, 2018
Internationally acclaimed organist James Welch will present a recital Friday evening at the Aspen Community Church titled "Bach — By Popular Demand."
The program includes Bach's Toccata, Adagio and Fugue in C major as well as other Bach showpieces. The program, which is free, will conclude with Belgian composer Joseph Jongen's Toccata.
Welch, the organist at Santa Clara University, has made Aspen a regular stop on his world tours, giving annual performances on the Community Church's majestic pipe organ. Installed in 1999, the organ is made up of 1,791 pipes from the size of a pencil to over 16 feet long.
The performance will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Aspen Skiing Co. to take over family-run Gwyn’s High Alpine at Snowmass in 2020
- Charges dismissed against driver in Basalt pedestrian death on Highway 82
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Judge sides with Aspen-Pitkin County Housing Authority in eviction case
- Man injured in pedestrian-vehicle accident near Lazy Glen