Bach organ recital at Community Church
February 8, 2018
Internationally acclaimed organist James Welch will present a recital Friday evening at the Aspen Community Church titled "Bach — By Popular Demand."
The program includes Bach's Toccata, Adagio and Fugue in C major as well as other Bach showpieces. The program, which is free, will conclude with Belgian composer Joseph Jongen's Toccata.
Welch, the organist at Santa Clara University, has made Aspen a regular stop on his world tours, giving annual performances on the Community Church's majestic pipe organ. Installed in 1999, the organ is made up of 1,791 pipes from the size of a pencil to over 16 feet long.
The performance will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Aspen Laugh Fest: Jeff Ross on roasting the world to save it
- Aspen Laugh Fest: Mike Birbiglia recalls the story that changed his life
- Arthur Miller’s ‘The Price’ opens at Thunder River
- From fact to fiction with novelist John DeDakis, who is making swing through Aspen
- LP brings ‘Lost on You’ tour to Belly Up Aspen