Bach organ recital at Community Church
February 8, 2018
Internationally acclaimed organist James Welch will present a recital Friday evening at the Aspen Community Church titled "Bach — By Popular Demand."
The program includes Bach's Toccata, Adagio and Fugue in C major as well as other Bach showpieces. The program, which is free, will conclude with Belgian composer Joseph Jongen's Toccata.
Welch, the organist at Santa Clara University, has made Aspen a regular stop on his world tours, giving annual performances on the Community Church's majestic pipe organ. Installed in 1999, the organ is made up of 1,791 pipes from the size of a pencil to over 16 feet long.
The performance will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Aspen airport expansion will allow for 737-sized planes, but will they come?
- Business Monday: More drivers join suit against Shaun’s Towing
- Aspen’s electeds poised to spend $75,000 to study uphill recreation economy
- Glenwood man wins $10,000 in Ducky Derby
- Aspen restaurateur Rob Ittner puts Rustique, Cooking School, Cottage up for sale