Bach organ recital at Community Church
February 8, 2018
Internationally acclaimed organist James Welch will present a recital Friday evening at the Aspen Community Church titled "Bach — By Popular Demand."
The program includes Bach's Toccata, Adagio and Fugue in C major as well as other Bach showpieces. The program, which is free, will conclude with Belgian composer Joseph Jongen's Toccata.
Welch, the organist at Santa Clara University, has made Aspen a regular stop on his world tours, giving annual performances on the Community Church's majestic pipe organ. Installed in 1999, the organ is made up of 1,791 pipes from the size of a pencil to over 16 feet long.
The performance will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Jon Busch, Aspen gay icon and champion of cinema, inducted in the Hall of Fame
- Documentary ‘The Quiet Force’ puts ski town immigrant communities in spotlight
- Jazz Aspen’s June Experience moving from Benedict Tent to multiple venues downtown this summer
- Birding for ‘Cheaters’ at the Aspen Art Museum
- Red Brick Center adds solo shows to exhibition program, beginning with Aspen’s Gary Gleason
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers