Bach organ recital at Community Church
February 8, 2018
Internationally acclaimed organist James Welch will present a recital Friday evening at the Aspen Community Church titled "Bach — By Popular Demand."
The program includes Bach's Toccata, Adagio and Fugue in C major as well as other Bach showpieces. The program, which is free, will conclude with Belgian composer Joseph Jongen's Toccata.
Welch, the organist at Santa Clara University, has made Aspen a regular stop on his world tours, giving annual performances on the Community Church's majestic pipe organ. Installed in 1999, the organ is made up of 1,791 pipes from the size of a pencil to over 16 feet long.
The performance will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Trending In: Entertainment
- From ‘Dirty Dancing’ to Aspen Santa Fe Ballet; Jenny Winton joins local dance company
- Nicki Bluhm launches summer tour and solo record with Colorado concerts
- What’s next for Hunter S. Thompson’s Owl Farm?
- Review: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at Belly Up Aspen
- Lionel Richie, Zac Brown Band to headline 2018 Jazz Aspen Labor Day
- Aspen man in trouble over alleged lewd behavior in neighbor’s apartment
- Party at Aspen’s Independence Pass as gates open for the summer season
- Search in Pitkin County along Crystal River for missing Delta man unsuccessful
- Klaus Obermeyer revisits how he started his ski clothing empire in Aspen
- Mountain lion sighting in New Castle a good reminder