Aspen Chapel to host art talk, open new show
August 10, 2017
The Aspen Chapel Gallery will host a free talk by three water artists and will open a new photography show later this month.
Amy Beidleman, Linda Loeschen and Lee Shapiro will discuss their paintings in the ongoing Chapel Gallery show, "Summer Light," on Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. The discussion will be led by local curator David Floria.
"These three artists are using watercolors or acrylics in four different styles to create their art," said gallery co-director Tom Ward. "David Floria will explore each of their approaches in what should be a lively discussion."
"Summer Light" was curated by Beidleman and runs through Aug. 27, when the gallery will open a new photography exhibition titled "What's Your Color?"
Participating artists include Ted Bristol, Yancy Clete Christopher, Eric Dycann, Beth Provo-Hanlen, Bob Kendig, Heather Lafferty, Brenda Manes, Summers Moore, Diane Moore, and Kat Moser. An opening reception will run from 5 to 7 p.m.
"Color photography creates more than pretty pictures," said curator Summers Moore. "These 10 photographers use their significant abilities to share what they see through their lenses."
Recommended Stories For You
"What's Your Color?" will run through Oct. 15.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Writer Catherine O’Connell releases new mystery book
- A dog’s life lessons from Aspen children’s author Walker Jean Mills
- Lil Wayne, Chainsmokers, Kygo to headline X Games Aspen
- Theatre Aspen to host Fall Family Fun Fest
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Aspen’s affordable housing program faces budget shortfall