Aspen Chapel to host art talk, open new show
August 10, 2017
The Aspen Chapel Gallery will host a free talk by three water artists and will open a new photography show later this month.
Amy Beidleman, Linda Loeschen and Lee Shapiro will discuss their paintings in the ongoing Chapel Gallery show, "Summer Light," on Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. The discussion will be led by local curator David Floria.
"These three artists are using watercolors or acrylics in four different styles to create their art," said gallery co-director Tom Ward. "David Floria will explore each of their approaches in what should be a lively discussion."
"Summer Light" was curated by Beidleman and runs through Aug. 27, when the gallery will open a new photography exhibition titled "What's Your Color?"
Participating artists include Ted Bristol, Yancy Clete Christopher, Eric Dycann, Beth Provo-Hanlen, Bob Kendig, Heather Lafferty, Brenda Manes, Summers Moore, Diane Moore, and Kat Moser. An opening reception will run from 5 to 7 p.m.
"Color photography creates more than pretty pictures," said curator Summers Moore. "These 10 photographers use their significant abilities to share what they see through their lenses."
Recommended Stories For You
"What's Your Color?" will run through Oct. 15.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Birding for ‘Cheaters’ at the Aspen Art Museum
- Jon Busch, Aspen gay icon and champion of cinema, inducted in the Hall of Fame
- ’Impractical Jokers’ star Sal Vulcano goes solo at the Wheeler Opera House
- Michal Menert comes home to Colorado for Belly Up Aspen show with The Pretty Fantastics
- Documentary ‘The Quiet Force’ puts ski town immigrant communities in spotlight
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Willoughby: The split personality of Aspen Mountain’s Spar Gulch
- How to see the super blood wolf moon on Sunday