Aspen Chapel to host art talk, open new show
August 10, 2017
The Aspen Chapel Gallery will host a free talk by three water artists and will open a new photography show later this month.
Amy Beidleman, Linda Loeschen and Lee Shapiro will discuss their paintings in the ongoing Chapel Gallery show, "Summer Light," on Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. The discussion will be led by local curator David Floria.
"These three artists are using watercolors or acrylics in four different styles to create their art," said gallery co-director Tom Ward. "David Floria will explore each of their approaches in what should be a lively discussion."
"Summer Light" was curated by Beidleman and runs through Aug. 27, when the gallery will open a new photography exhibition titled "What's Your Color?"
Participating artists include Ted Bristol, Yancy Clete Christopher, Eric Dycann, Beth Provo-Hanlen, Bob Kendig, Heather Lafferty, Brenda Manes, Summers Moore, Diane Moore, and Kat Moser. An opening reception will run from 5 to 7 p.m.
"Color photography creates more than pretty pictures," said curator Summers Moore. "These 10 photographers use their significant abilities to share what they see through their lenses."
Recommended Stories For You
"What's Your Color?" will run through Oct. 15.
Trending In: Entertainment
- In ‘Freak Kingdom,’ a professor examines the political Hunter S. Thompson
- Aspen Community Theatre stages a ‘Big River’ for our tumultuous times
- Immigrant students craft second annual ‘Home’ exhibition at Art Base in Basalt
- Aspen author Sarah Chase Shaw to discuss ‘Living Beneath the Colorado Peaks’
- Premier valley jazz students will perform with Jazz Arts Messengers
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen’s affordable housing authority looks at increasing user fees
- Vail employee allegedly slept with child prostitute in Glenwood Springs
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million