Aspen Chapel partners with Wilderness Workshop on show
August 28, 2018
"Watercolors for Wilderness" will open at the Aspen Chapel Gallery on Wednesday. The exhibition is produced in partnership with the nonprofit conservation group Wilderness Workshop, with a percentage of sales going to the organization.
"The incredible scenery we have in Colorado inspires the artists, and Wilderness Workshop is the conservation watchdog of over 4 million acres of public lands in western Colorado," curator Amy Beidelman said in an announcement. "Please join us for our lively opening reception and support the artists, Wilderness Workshop and the Aspen Chapel Gallery."
Wednesday's opening includes a reception for the artists from 5 to 7 p.m. It will run through Oct. 14. Participating artists include Beidleman, Marti Cyrus, Roger Davis, Sistie Fischer, Heidi Johns, Petty Mink, Missy Prudden, Lee Shaprio, Robin Van Domelen and Sarah Uhl.
Ten participating artists also will discuss their art at 5:30 p.m. Sept. 12. The hour-long discussion will be led by longtime local gallerist and curator David Floria.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Wheeler Opera House to host Colorado premiere of ‘The River and the Wall’
- Filmmaker Pete McBride’s ‘Into the Canyon’ to premiere at Wheeler Opera House in February
- Aspen Words Literary Prize finalists announced
- Basalt’s ‘High School Musical’ runs this weekend
- Comedian Julian McCullough returns for two Aspen Laugh Fest sets