Aspen Chapel Gallery going to the dogs
October 15, 2018
The Aspen Chapel Gallery has teamed with the Aspen Animal Shelter for a new photo exhibition focused on dogs and pets.
Titled "Man's Best Friend," the show will open Wednesday with an artists' reception from 5 to 7 p.m.
It includes work by Dan Bayer, Ted Bristol, Annie Hosier, Klaus Kocher, Heather Lafferty, Brenda ManesBland Nesbit, Bryna Patterson, Karen Sanders and Summers Moore, who also curated the show.
"It has been so fun to find photographers who like to take photos of pets — theirs and others'," Moore said in an announcement. "There are a wide variety of styles, and lots of humorous shots."
A percentage of art sales will be donated to the Aspen Animal Shelter. The collaborative show was underwritten by Ellen Roeser and an anonymous sponsor.
The show runs through Nov. 25.
Trending In: Entertainment
- In ‘Freak Kingdom,’ a professor examines the political Hunter S. Thompson
- Aspen author Sarah Chase Shaw to discuss ‘Living Beneath the Colorado Peaks’
- Aspen Community Theatre stages a ‘Big River’ for our tumultuous times
- Artwork by Hank Willis Thomas to be featured on Aspen lift tickets this ski season
- Immigrant students craft second annual ‘Home’ exhibition at Art Base in Basalt
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain