Aspen-based artist Pamela Joseph featured in ‘The Artist, The Censor and The Nude’
March 8, 2018
Acclaimed Aspen-based artist Pamela Joseph's artwork is featured in the new book "The Artist, The Censor and The Nude."
Written by Glenn Harcourt, the book looks at censorship and sex throughout art history. It uses Joseph's work as a jumping-off point to examine the politics of nudity in art. The book is illustrated with works by Joseph that depicted how famous works of art were censored in Iranian books, where nudity was blacked-out or pixelated. Titled "Censored," the series of paintings from 2012 to 2015 were shown in gallery exhibitions around the U.S.
Joseph will give a talk on her artwork and on the book today at Explore Booksellers. The event is scheduled to begin at 5:30 p.m. More info at www.explorebooksellers.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass close to buying building home to Eric’s, Su Casa and other tenants
- Stop Sucking: A grassroots movement to eliminate plastic starts at the bar
- New signs to be installed at Woody Creek intersection at Highway 82
- Former Aspen ski patroller tells first responders how trauma-filled career led to rock bottom