Aspen-based artist Pamela Joseph featured in ‘The Artist, The Censor and The Nude’
March 8, 2018
Acclaimed Aspen-based artist Pamela Joseph's artwork is featured in the new book "The Artist, The Censor and The Nude."
Written by Glenn Harcourt, the book looks at censorship and sex throughout art history. It uses Joseph's work as a jumping-off point to examine the politics of nudity in art. The book is illustrated with works by Joseph that depicted how famous works of art were censored in Iranian books, where nudity was blacked-out or pixelated. Titled "Censored," the series of paintings from 2012 to 2015 were shown in gallery exhibitions around the U.S.
Joseph will give a talk on her artwork and on the book today at Explore Booksellers. The event is scheduled to begin at 5:30 p.m. More info at www.explorebooksellers.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- From ‘Dirty Dancing’ to Aspen Santa Fe Ballet; Jenny Winton joins local dance company
- Nicki Bluhm launches summer tour and solo record with Colorado concerts
- What’s next for Hunter S. Thompson’s Owl Farm?
- Jazz Aspen and Take Note Colorado to host free electronic music workshops
- Review: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at Belly Up Aspen