Animation ‘Show of Shows’ opens Library Cinema Series
January 5, 2019
The Pitkin County Library Cinema Series will open today with an animated film anthology featuring 15 shorts from six countries. The collection also will screen Sunday.
January's lineup also includes two films short-listed for an Academy Award in the foreign language category.
South Korea's Oscar submission, "Burning," will play Jan. 12 and 13.
"The World Before Your Feet," about a documentarian walking all 8,000 miles of roads and paths in New York City, will screen Jan. 18 and Jan. 20. (The series is taking a break Jan. 19 because its host and producer Jon Busch is being inducted into the Aspen Hall of Fame that night.)
This month's selections will end with Sweden's Oscar submission, "Border," on Jan. 25 and 26.
Screenings take place at 7:30 p.m. with Sunday matinees at 4 p.m. Admission is $10 and includes popcorn.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Jon Busch, Aspen gay icon and champion of cinema, inducted in the Hall of Fame
- Documentary ‘The Quiet Force’ puts ski town immigrant communities in spotlight
- Jazz Aspen’s June Experience moving from Benedict Tent to multiple venues downtown this summer
- Birding for ‘Cheaters’ at the Aspen Art Museum
- Red Brick Center adds solo shows to exhibition program, beginning with Aspen’s Gary Gleason
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7