Alliance Film Series: ‘Saturday Church’ at The Temporary
February 22, 2018
Aspen Film's Alliance Film Series will host a screening of "Saturday Chuch" on Sunday at The Temporary at Willits.
The film tells the story of 14-year-old Ulysses, a shy and effeminate boy, who finds himself coping with new responsibilities as "man of the house" after the death of his father. Living alongside his mother, younger brother, and conservative aunt, Ulysses is also struggling with questions about his gender identity. His journey takes a turn for the better when he encounters a vibrant transgender community, who take him to "Saturday Church," a program for LGBTQ youth.
The screening is part of an ongoing series produced in collaboration between Aspen Film, AspenOut and Gay Straight Alliance clubs at valley high schools.
The film starts at 4 p.m. and wil be followed by a live Skype discussion with "Saturday Church" director Damien Cardasis and actor Luka Kain moderated by Aspen Film executive director Susan Wrubel. It will be followed by a social hour for students with free pizza. Tickets are $8 in advance and $10 on Sunday, free for students. http://www.tacaw.org
Trending In: Entertainment
- Aspen Skiing Co. keeps it in the family for public art installation
- Mary Chapin Carpenter on her retrospective new album, headlining Belly Up Aspen
- A timely production of ‘Ragtime’ opens at Theatre Aspen
- Review: Lyle Lovett, Leslie Odom Jr., Lizz Wright at Jazz Aspen Snowmass June Experience
- What’s next for Hunter S. Thompson’s Owl Farm?
- Glenn K. Beaton: We will not worship the Colorado Civil Rights Commission
- Aspen Skiing Co. opens $10 million Lost Forest adventure center at Snowmass
- Fire near Glenwood moving to mop-up operations
- Mountain bike association pays the price to clear trails from Aspen to New Castle
- Fire forcing evacuations in part of Oak Meadows outside Glenwood Springs