Alliance Film Series: ‘Saturday Church’ at The Temporary
February 22, 2018
Aspen Film's Alliance Film Series will host a screening of "Saturday Chuch" on Sunday at The Temporary at Willits.
The film tells the story of 14-year-old Ulysses, a shy and effeminate boy, who finds himself coping with new responsibilities as "man of the house" after the death of his father. Living alongside his mother, younger brother, and conservative aunt, Ulysses is also struggling with questions about his gender identity. His journey takes a turn for the better when he encounters a vibrant transgender community, who take him to "Saturday Church," a program for LGBTQ youth.
The screening is part of an ongoing series produced in collaboration between Aspen Film, AspenOut and Gay Straight Alliance clubs at valley high schools.
The film starts at 4 p.m. and wil be followed by a live Skype discussion with "Saturday Church" director Damien Cardasis and actor Luka Kain moderated by Aspen Film executive director Susan Wrubel. It will be followed by a social hour for students with free pizza. Tickets are $8 in advance and $10 on Sunday, free for students. http://www.tacaw.org
Trending In: Entertainment
- Former Aspen ski patroller tells first responders how trauma-filled career led to rock bottom
- Aspen airport announces expanded service this spring
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass close to buying building home to Eric’s, Su Casa and other tenants
- Stop Sucking: A grassroots movement to eliminate plastic starts at the bar
- New signs to be installed at Woody Creek intersection at Highway 82