WC3 to host summer Americana music series
Beginning this weekend, the Woody Creek Community Center will host a summer-long series of acoustic concerts by national singer-songwriters and Americana acts.
Colorado’s Coral Creek String Band is the first of nine announced acts scheduled to perform in the WC3’s cozy confines this summer, in a new series curated by Aspenite Josh Behrman’s Brownsville Presents. The series includes performers like Sarah Lee Guthrie (granddaughter to Woody, daughter of Arlo), roots couuntry band the Honeycutters, and the acclaimed Americana act Appleseed Collective.
“This is a very diverse Americana lineup from all over the region,” Behrman said in the series announcement. “We have bands coming in from all over the nation. From the folk traditions of a Guthrie to the roots of Appleseed Collective enter the living room of the WC3— spacious and comfortable, warm and friendly. There’s no better place to relax, rekindle and recharge after a day of fun and adventure.”
The unplugged series runs July 11 to Aug. 22.
* Coral Creek String Band, July 11, 8 p.m. $20
* The Honeycutters, July 12, 7 p.m. $30-$35
* Sarah Lee Guthrie & Johnny Irion, July 17, 8 p.m. $35-$40
* Kraig Kenning, July 24, 8 p.m. $25-$30
* Harpeth Rising, July 31, 8 p.m. $25-$30.
* Appleseed Collective, Aug. 7, 8 p.m. $30-$35
* Taarka, Aug. 8, 8 p.m. $30-$35
* Dustbowl Revival, Aug. 19, 8 p.m. $30-$35
* Sweetwater String Band, Aug. 22, 8 p.m. $20-$25
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.