Tickets on sale for Jazz Aspen ‘Le Freak Lounge’
December 30, 2014
Tickets went on sale Thursday for Jazz Aspen Snowmass's 25th-anniversary summer benefit.
The July 17 event at a private Aspen-area ranch will be the local nonprofit's biggest summer music-education benefit in its history.
The evening will be highlighted by a performance from disco, funk and soul band Chic, featuring Nile Rodgers. The benefit, titled "Le Freak Lounge," named in deference to Rodgers' hit "Le Freak" and the lounge layout at the event, is the cornerstone event of the organization's anniversary season.
Rodgers' producing credits include Madonna, David Bowie, Duran Duran, Diana Ross and Sister Sledge, among others. In 2013, Rodgers produced Daft Punk's Grammy-winning album "Random Access Memories."
The night also will include a DJ performance from jazz bassist Christian McBride, cocktails and a small-plate dinner.
As part of the anniversary celebration, Jazz Aspen will honor Janus Capital Group founder Tom Bailey and marketing executive Mark Whiston for their stewardship of the Janus JAS title sponsorship from 1993 to 2005.
Recommended Stories For You
Tickets start at $500 and are available at http://www.jazzaspensnowmass.org or 970-920-4996, ext. 15.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Michael Lewis versus ‘The Human Piranha’ in Aspen
- Glenwood Caverns finishes Octoberfest with retirement of Iron Mountain Tramway
- Jazz Aspen Labor Day: Duran Duran’s John Taylor, still ‘Hungry’
- Aspen Words director Adrienne Brodeur to publish memoir
- Book review: ‘Fully Body Burden: Growing Up in the Nuclear Shadow of Rocky Flats,’ by Kristen Iverson
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain