Organist Marek Kudlicki to play Aspen on Wed.
November 29, 2016
Polish organist Marek Kudlicki will give a free organ recital at the Aspen Community Church at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
Kudlicki's diverse program on his annual coast-to-coast American tour ranges from before Bach through Cesar Franck and will feature works by Polish composers. He won the first prize and the special prize of the Polish Ministry of Culture and Art in Poland's national organ competition in 1973.
Since then he has been engaged in artistic activities including performing Europe, the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Colombia, Argentina, Mexico, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and Taiwan. He has often appeared at international festivals as a performer and judge for organ competitions. His numerous performances have been presented in conjunction with well-known concert series in various music centers.
Though the concert is free, donations are welcome.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border