Music fest’s winter lineup stars Weilerstein, Shaham
October 31, 2014
The Aspen Music Festival and School's 2014-15 winter music series will include three recitals and broadcasts of Metropolitan Opera productions.
Alisa Weilerstein kicks off the recitals on Feb. 12 with a solo cello performance featuring works by Golijov, Bach and Kodaly, including Bach's masterful Suites for Unaccompanied Cello Nos. 1 and 3.
One week later, on Feb. 19, pianist Orli Shaham presents a solo piano recital honoring the genius of Brahms, featuring pieces by Bach, Schoenberg, Brahms himself, Bruce Adolphe and Avner Dorman.
The live performances conclude on March 14 with an all-Schumann recital from Russian piano virtuoso Vladimir Feltsman.
All recitals will be held at Harris Concert Hall. Tickets are available at 970-925-9042 and http://www.aspenmusicfestival.com.
The Wheeler Opera House will host the music festival's high-definition Metropolitan Opera broadcasts, beginning Jan. 29 with Verdi's "Macbeth" and continuing with Mozart's "Le Nozze di Figaro" (Feb. 5), Bizet's "Carmen" (Feb. 26), Lehar's "The Merry Widow" (March 5) and Tchaikovsky's "Iolanta" and Bartok's "Bluebeard's Castle" (March 12).
Recommended Stories For You
Tickets for the opera broadcasts are available at the Wheeler Opera House box office and online at http://www.aspenshowtix.com.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility