Hudson Reed’s ‘Christmas Carol’ to air on Aspen Public Radio
December 24, 2015
The Hudson Reed's recent radio play production of "A Christmas Carol" will air on Aspen Public Radio from 3 to 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
The local theater company produced the radio play for a live audience earlier this month at the Aspen Community Church and taped it with the hopes airing it on KAJX.
Eleven actors performed the yuletide tale, with Chris Wheatley playing Scrooge, Morgan Walsh narrating and the rest of the cast of locals juggling multiple roles.
Readings by Reed's company have become an Aspen holiday tradition over the past three years. It began in 2013 with "Once Upon a Christmas," an anthology of dramatic readings of stories by O. Henry, Dylan Thomas, Truman Capote and others, and continued last year with a radio play version of "It's a Wonderful Life."
Company director Kent Reed is hopeful this inaugural radio broadcast also will bloom into a yearly happening.
"We are now confident we can bring this free, live Christmas radio performance to the valley on KAJX well into the future," he said in an email.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Belly Up Aspen celebrates 10 years
- ‘Musical Thrones’ leans on five actors in an HBO series parody
- Aspen Opera Theater Center stages ‘The Classical Style’ and ‘The Cows of Apollo’
- Jack Black and Kyle Gass on Tenacious D and their two-night run at Belly Up Aspen
- Playing at Belly Up Aspen on Wednesday, it’s all relative for Brothers Keeper
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Update: Service being restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court