Hudson Reed’s ‘Christmas Carol’ to air on Aspen Public Radio
December 24, 2015
The Hudson Reed's recent radio play production of "A Christmas Carol" will air on Aspen Public Radio from 3 to 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
The local theater company produced the radio play for a live audience earlier this month at the Aspen Community Church and taped it with the hopes airing it on KAJX.
Eleven actors performed the yuletide tale, with Chris Wheatley playing Scrooge, Morgan Walsh narrating and the rest of the cast of locals juggling multiple roles.
Readings by Reed's company have become an Aspen holiday tradition over the past three years. It began in 2013 with "Once Upon a Christmas," an anthology of dramatic readings of stories by O. Henry, Dylan Thomas, Truman Capote and others, and continued last year with a radio play version of "It's a Wonderful Life."
Company director Kent Reed is hopeful this inaugural radio broadcast also will bloom into a yearly happening.
"We are now confident we can bring this free, live Christmas radio performance to the valley on KAJX well into the future," he said in an email.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Mama bear and her three cubs spend the night at Snowmass Center
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job
- Rifle football misses last-second field goal, is stunned by Aspen in crucial game
- ‘Cowboy’ Jim Crowley recollects his 100 years in Fryingpan Valley and Basalt
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular wooden sculpture removed