Filmfest adds ‘Guggenheim’ screening
October 16, 2015
Aspen Filmfest has added an encore presentation of "Peggy Guggenheim: Art Addict" to its schedule. The documentary about the famed art collector will play at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Isis Theater. A Sunday-evening screening sold out.
A combination of archival footage, recently rediscovered audio recordings, stills and commentary from myriad present-day tastemakers serves as the judiciously straightforward frame for Lisa Immordino Vreeland's portrait of Peggy Guggenheim, which derives all its luster from the colorful — and indeed lusty — subject herself.
Filmfest pass holders gain admission to all screenings, including this encore presentation. Tickets are $15 for general admission and $12 for Aspen Film members, available at the Wheeler Opera House box office and http://www.aspen showtix.com.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Juvenile who shot, killed dog near Carbondale sentenced two years in youth division
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works